Questions about recovery images...

Spunks3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
alright, so im new to rooting, and just finished with the new 2.2OTA root guide. now that i have full unrevoked forever root with the latest partitions, i want to look into custom roms.

i will most likely go through and download all my apps again and restore my settings to how they were before i gained root. but i would like to know, if i make a recovery image using clockwork recovery, will the recovery image retain all my settings, or is it just the basic ROM?

secondly, if i root to a custom built ROM, will this reset all the radio's and PRI and all that good stuff?

--i did a search for some of this stuff and i couldnt get any exact answers.. sorry if it has been answered already. thanks guys!

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you use the recovery image's nandroid backup (like most have), it will back up the exact state of your phone at that point in time. This means the ROM, the settings, the apps, just about everything that's on internal memory short of the various firmwares and PRLs.

Custom ROMs will not touch the radios or PRL. You typically flash those separately (custom ROMs that need specific radios will usually link you to them on their instructions page).

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
holy hell this is fun. I'm on my 3rd ROM in about 10 hours. I dont know how I lived without root access before. I'd suggest switching recoveries though - it seems most have problems with clockwork from what I've been reading.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean to police,

Great question, but keep in mind the Rom's and hacks section addresses most of these questions, but also the people who will generally be able to help you quickest check that section of the forums more than this one.

Welcome aboard the root train comrade!