Wouldn't this be easier...?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Can we just have a sticky for each method of root? For example a sticky for unrevoked, since I used unrevoked... Then the dev team with unrevoked will be the only ones allowed to post. They can suggest apps to use with their root method, steps on how to do everything, links to UPDATES following OTA's, etc.

Same with toast, simpleroot, and all the other methods out there.

An example would be like...

Unrevoked-

1. Basic info
2. Suggested apps to download after root
3. How to root
4. How to back up (guessing Titanium Backup dominates this category)
5. How to perform a NAND backup (Rom Manager?)
6. New updates (this will be edited only be the dev team, members can view the sticky for updates following OTA updates)
7. How to unroot/uninstall
8. etc.
9. etc.

I think this would help. Bump or comment if you agree. I'm no expert but I'd be willing to help create these stickies. I just feel like users would be more confident in rooting knowing that they are following a particular path for root. I know that as a semi-novice, semi-tech savvy person, if I had a simple "Here everything is for this method of rooting" rather than, getting info from this post, finding info on that post, I'd be more comfortable rooting. I can't tell you how confused I was after I rooted my phone with unrevoked3 trying to figure out how to do a NAND backup. Finally found it on another site, following a completely different method of rooting.

Another thing is a lot of these posts originated a long time ago, over 6 months to a year, we know how rapidly technology advances. These stickies would be too the point, only edited by the devs rather than new posts added to the threads, showing dates of editing and updating, so that users can identify how current the post is and if it will answer their questions and assist them in their endeavor. This avoids having to comb through hundreds of pages of, which are now currently, meaningless posts (No disrespect to those OP's, but you're post are irrelevant now).

Thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Go to xda for unrevoked, its not really like around here if you couldn't tell.

Use the search button instead of combing through, use google, use youtube, is really not that bad.

For basic stuff, just make a post here, and you will get help.

Last edited:

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My problem was too much information. It lies on the verge of over-kill. The steps are easy, gathering the files are easy, just the reading.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya no go with unrevoked. Some people swear by it. Some people it works fine. But for far too many people it doesn't and causes problems. Which is why as igotsahoe pointed out, they don't have a sticky and usually much help isn't given to those with issues using unrevoked. Maybe if those from unrevoked were more open with their methods they'd get more love and it'll be easier for those that use it to get help. The right way > the easy way all the time. My life has surely taught me that.