Latest stock htc Kernel #11 (yes with fps cap removed)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So can anyone tell how they removed the fps, are they just doubling the refresh rate of the screen?

IMO this kernel runs smoother than the "hacked" kernels for fps unlock so I'm curious as to how they did this.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. I actually made a thread about it a while ago but nobody knew. They released the source code for it a few days ago. I'm surprised nobody posted what they found.

quocamole

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
i get "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post." i'm registered but haven't donated (yet).

also, i tried htc kernel #11 from virusrom and vaelpak's thread from xda and both resulted in hangs at the splash screen. cache and dalvik wiped. what am i doing wrong?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. I actually made a thread about it a while ago but nobody knew. They released the source code for it a few days ago. I'm surprised nobody posted what they found.

The source thats on htc site is the same source they released with the original update.As far as i know they haven't released how they removed the cap.

i get "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post." i'm registered but haven't donated (yet).

also, i tried htc kernel #11 from virusrom and vaelpak's thread from xda and both resulted in hangs at the splash screen. cache and dalvik wiped. what am i doing wrong?

Thats the problem a lot of people are going to have.Cause most custom roms have edit to the ramdisk to execute files,if them edits aren't there then you will get stuck at the htc sceen or bootloop.The best thing todo is to use the kernel that comes with your rom to avoid these issues.

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand