Question about the CM camera app

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I checked out CM6 for a good part of yesterday. One of the things I was most excited about was the camera app to be honest. And sure enough the pics were better. Here are two test pictures. Now keep in mind the settings were stock for both and I didn't even give them time to focus. I didn't care about the overall quality of these pics because I had taken other test pictures and saw that the quality was in fact better with the CM camera app. These pics I posted here is to address something specific about the CM camera app and the htc stock camera app... The one thing that has SERIOUSLY annoyed the living **** out of me about the htc camera app is it seems to be set slightly zoomed in, like 1x or maybe even 2x+ at its lowest setting compared to basically every other phone. I noticed it when I first got the Evo, but confirmed it when I compared it to the MyTouch, Vibrant, xperia x10, iPhone 4. I think it's part of the problem with the htc camera apps quality along with the fact that it's just a ****ty app and it compresses the pics at an unfathomable level. So my question is... is there a way I can get this camera app on another rom, specifically VaelPak? Or will I have to bring this up to Vaelek? I'd hit him up on GTalk and ask but he's away right now..

Top is CM bottom is htc. Again, wasn't going for quality. Just trying to show the difference in the lowest zoom setting for both camera apps. (Look at how much more of the floor is showing in the CM picture.)

IMG_20101005_153027.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

Reactions: igotsanevo4g

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I hate to be captain obvious, but you are comparing 2 different picture formats. 4:3 and 16:9. There is no zoom difference.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
No luck. Didnt work. Even if I try to rename it. It still pulls the HTC camera app when I open the apk un astro. It won't let me delete the HTC camera app either.

Also, both pics are in the same format. Lol I double checked when I took them

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I got root explorer. Went to my SD and installed the camera apk over the HTC one. HTC one is gone but now the new one force closes.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I got root explorer. Went to my SD and installed the camera apk over the HTC one. HTC one is gone but now the new one force closes.

Lame... Lemme see what else I can find for you...

Root Explorer for the Record is the SHizzzzz :cool:

BTw so you need the HTC Cam again?

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Also, interested in this. Got the camera.apk (v 1) from CM6. Tried to install several ways on Vael's and got FC's as well. Probably sumtin silly, but ima too stoopid.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, interested in this. Got the camera.apk (v 1) from CM6. Tried to install several ways on Vael's and got FC's as well. Probably sumtin silly, but ima too stoopid.

I think its the Kernel Honestly...

Something to do with drivers or something... IDK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87