Speaker problem after flash

EvoOWNSu

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I just flashed baked 1.8 a couple days ago. And it seems like my external speaker is blown out/sounds crackle. Could this be from flashing a new Rom. Or do you think the speaker is going out??

Sent from my rooted EVO

EvoOWNSu

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Damn, was hoping I wouldnt have to get another phone. Would I have to pay the hundred dollars just cause my speaker is messed up? Is the unrooting process a headache or is it straight forward? Havn't really looked into it at all cause I havn't had any problems since I've rooted.

Sent from my rooted EVO

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you at any point try changing the kernel? when i flashed my first rom everytime a played music it sounded like i was listening to someone eat rice krispies, then after i changed the kernel it was perfect again.

dased1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if ill have to pay the hundred bucks or not?

Sent from my rooted EVO
samething happened to me maybe something in the rom that boost volume, but anyway i unrooted with the two step method but didnt get the s-off turn back to s-on and the tech never said anything put a new speaker and camera lens and back. if that helps if their busy and you just say that its the speaker they may never look any farther and if you pay the 7 for insurance they should take care of it(no $100 charge)