Noob questions

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
OK, these questions may have been answered, but I haven't found them with a few searches, and I don't have a lifetime to read ALL the threads in this forum. So please bare with me.

I'm on a rooted 2.1, stock ROM. I've flashed the AmanRa recovery. I want to update to this 2.2 ROM, I think:

♠♠♠[SteelROM]♠♠♠ UPDATED 11/12 v3.30.651.3 │Rooted│ DeOdexed RevH1 - xda-developers

It's a stock (mostly) 2.2 ROM. I may play with other ROMs one of these days, but to start with I'll stay stock.

The downloaded file is SteelRom_RevH1.zip. Do I need to rename this to install.zip? And put it in the root of the SD card? Or something / somewhere else?

On the 4th page of the XDA thread mentioned above, is the following question and answer:

do we need to reinstall wimax and normal radio with this ?

You don't need to reinstall... just make sure you have the latest ones

How do I make sure I have / get the latest ones? I never upgraded to 2.2 before.

Thanks!

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Amanra but with clockwork you put the .zip in the root AMD just flash it. Mo renaming requires. I even went as far as to create a folder for all flashable items. As far as the WiMax AMD radios... XDA should have them, or you can contact your Rom developer.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You may want to check out the app called Rom Manager, it lets you easily flash different ROMs and create backups.

Check out this thread for info on radios: [ Radios ][ 10-22 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI & NV versions - xda-developers - If you never upgraded to 2.2 you probably don't have the latest radio, it's debatable if it makes any difference in reality.

OK, these questions may have been answered, but I haven't found them with a few searches, and I don't have a lifetime to read ALL the threads in this forum. So please bare with me.

I'm on a rooted 2.1, stock ROM. I've flashed the AmanRa recovery. I want to update to this 2.2 ROM, I think:

♠♠♠[SteelROM]♠♠♠ UPDATED 11/12 v3.30.651.3 │Rooted│ DeOdexed RevH1 - xda-developers

It's a stock (mostly) 2.2 ROM. I may play with other ROMs one of these days, but to start with I'll stay stock.

The downloaded file is SteelRom_RevH1.zip. Do I need to rename this to install.zip? And put it in the root of the SD card? Or something / somewhere else?

On the 4th page of the XDA thread mentioned above, is the following question and answer:

How do I make sure I have / get the latest ones? I never upgraded to 2.2 before.

Thanks!