!!! Ok Hugh probblem help needed asap !!!

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok if there is anyone on this earth that can help me I had my rooted evo yesterday working perfectly nothing wrong with it all of a sudden I'm using my browser looking at android central to get the new update to amon ra's recovery i already had the his recovery image 1.8.0 i went and pushed the file onbthe root of the sdcard everything was great up to date i thought everything was cool and bam all of a sudden the phone locks ups and freezes I say to my self ahhh its nothing it just frozen let me just hit the sleep button and turn it back on but then I realized I will have to Yank the battery out and when I go to turn the phone on the freshhh rom animations keep putting me in a boot loop and nothing I do gets me back to a working phone then even more bad news my sdcard starts bugging out because of something I can't and wont start blaming anyone but my self of course because I have made the choice of rooting my phone but I am pretty sure its corrupted now and it has all my files for getting straight again but when I do a factory reset and wipe data cache it work but my new amon RA recovery image is borking my sd ext and it keeps catching and wont wipe but I put a fresh 8gb in and I could wipe for days and when I try to flash roms it wants to catch a flash and maybe the phone will load then the phone wont let me download astro to get to my files because the phone says no enough memory its a 16gb sdcard how the hell is there no memory I've Only only use 4gb maybe and one I try to get another older amon RA image it shoots my sdcard out and says unexpected sdcard ejected so I finally just used my other sdcard to wipe the phone and then put the other sdcard in to flash my already downloaded fresh rom and then I go and try and get astro file manager on the market i got the older amon RA file to download and the I read about this error terminal keeps giveing me this ( terminal emulator: not writing bad block at 0x00340000 error closing recovery: no space left on device and i had also got another one that was all 000000000 not enough write space or something i thought there was something wrong with my partitions thing thats going around when using clockwork or amon RA images is there anyone that can help me clear my mtd partions or sdcard Ext without having to format my other sdcard or if there is anyway possible to get this recovery image off to where I could put the older one back on I'm am sooo sorry for this life store but I had to said everything that has gone on this rollercoaster ride my phones spec are the newer hardware 003 hboot 2.02 and its got the newest radio and wimax and pri stuff and I was running the fresh rom now the only thing that will run luckily is the asop rom muni or something like can't remember and I really am sorry about how long this is I'm pretty good at rooting and could follow directions but I was tossed a curve ball and I'm lost thanks in advanced

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You do have a few nandroid backups? Just load one of them. It is gospel to create a nandroid directly after root.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya man I truer that but it only wants to work when ever it wants and when I have tryed to desperately get the phone back on to try something or Google something to help get another recovery that actually wipes the Ext or wipe the phone for real instead of showing and not properly doing a full factory wipe and flash I found out that my mtd is bonked and or it wont wipe it fresh it constantly come up with error not enough space

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This is what happened the first time I tryed

( export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$su
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-evo-v1.8.0.img
mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
# ) and its worse my fresh rom and all my nandroids are all on this sdcard and I don't have a PC to just transfer them and when I do get one of my backups on the phone and it wants to finally work at least the phone gets retarted and starts shooting out my sdcard because the fresh rom uses a2sd hack and my android market on the back up of course wont let me access my files with out astro file manager and I try and download one thing and i don't touch anything and it says loading and bam the phone will crazy reboot on my and bootloop then I Yank the battery out and sometimes that dont work I have to start playing around again this sucks I don't want to gamble with a ruu again and bring it to radio shack for the 3 evo in the first month of buying it :-(

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
And here are more oh what's going on when trying yo flash the amon RA 1.8.0

( # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-evo-v1.8.0.img
mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00080000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00100000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00140000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00180000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x001c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00200000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00240000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00280000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x002c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00300000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00340000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00380000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x003c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00400000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00440000 (Out of memory)
mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: skipping write block at 0x00000000
mtd: write error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: write error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: skipping write block at 0x00040000
mtd: write error at 0x00080000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x00080000 (Out of memory)
mtd: wrote block after 1 retries ) this sucks clue less I can't change the recovery with a busted mtd amon RA had posted this older file a while back and had said it would fix the bad ext mtd blocks but I don't have a PC and the method probably would work but my phone is I think to new can someone check this method out and see if this is worth looking into thanks

willy900wonka

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
With out a pc to connect to at hboot, just try to re-seat the sdcard. You should at least dump stuff to drop box.
How are you switching sdcards?
It could be that the bad block file got over written, or that it was never used due to having been formatted incorrectly.
You need the SDK and a pc.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i will have to live with what i have right now and hey the way I switch the sdcard is right after I use the bad sdcard for its important files before I press the reboot system I pull the battery and swap cards then my phone wants to start working maybe now I'm trying to download roms on the new sdcard so I atleast have roms to flash once I wipe and format the other sdcard but what will I have to do if I get my brothers laptop with the sdk installed and my hboot on what will that do or what will do with that and I heard of drop box but don't know what that really is and how it I could have or how it could have got written or not gotten what it is you where saying could you give me of a description on what I should know and what's next or how i could go about the next steps thanks for all your assistance its very much appreciated

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
i cant even follow what your trying to say because your grammar is so horrible...i know its the internet and all but holy cow. makes my eyes hurt.

is your sd card full?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think your sdcard is bad and would just go back to the one you got with the phone for the time being.

I'm not sure where your phone is now.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Use a working SDCARD, then get this file: PC36IMG.zip

and put it on the root of the sdcard, reboot your phone in to boot loader and it will apply clockworkmod 3.0.0.5. I'm a little confused with where your phone currently is but that's a way to load a recovery without using a PC.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol ya sorry this keyboard on this rom fixes the way you talk and I wasn't going back to fix it haha thanks and sorry but ya I have a 16gb sdcard that is the one I'm pretty sure is jacked up but it has alot of space the name brand is the same and the sdcards class are both class 2 high capacity sdcards but I still have the 8gb and that is one I used to let the phone boot up because the other sdcard borks up the boot process and it lets what ever junk that is wrong with the card stay even after a factory reset

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey thefredelemant thanks for the info the state of my phone right now without the sdcard is in a working state for right now but I had amon RA recovery 1.8.0 and the I updated and that was the start of my problems I updated and my phones sdcard started to eject the sdcard in the rom and in recovery so then when I tried to wipe the phone and use a nandroid backup I would think its fully wiping and it probably is isn't and when I restore its probably a dirty flash but when I used a different sdcard and flash just a clean new rom sometime it just gets stuck in a bootloop so now I downloaded a fresh fresh rom 3.5 and I'm right now using the phone with a rom I don't want and its the only one that doesn't shoot my sdcard out in 2 min and I just want to get back to a known recovery that actually wipes the phone and flashes the rom and I need to fix the bad block or mtd I think that is also another problem but I'm no pro if I flash a new recovery that is safe would that fix the writing bad blocks thing?

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks for the help you said too put the file on the root of my sdcard right and boot into bootloader modebqnd do the bla bla let it load and do its thing or do I go into recovery and flash this some how an one more question do I or should I erase the SD Ext in recovery and the android secure ect. Oh and after that I will be able to flash a backup or rom with out getting out of space errors and glitchy backup restores?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If your recovery is good now then don't flash that. It really sounds like your sd card is broken. (if you'll notice your errors were read errors).

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks for the help ill try formatting the sdcard and then put my stuff I need back like roms ect.. and I will post the results

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so heres whats going on with my evo I tried to format my sdcard so i could eliminate the sdcard being the culprit so after doing that I also flashed the amon ra 1.8.0 recovery because its the first recovery I had before all my problems started so once I pushed the recovery I then did a reboot I got into recovery so heres my problem now that I have a lower recovery I wiped everything possible factory reset, delivk, cache, so when I flash the files I want now are now giving me errors like installation aborted symlink couldn't something it was trying to also tell me with another rom that I used to be able to flash is telling me it can't flash .boot image raw ? But I also had other problems as well when I try to get into recovery it didn't want to get into any recovery that I was trying to flash but then it started to work when I let it sit cuz I was so mad so what can I do I even tried my nand backups and some just load so long it gets stuck and doesn't do anything I made a backup of my recovery session so maybe someone can help me my main goal now is to get my damn phone to load something do it can get past the white htc screen with the little black letters its the first screen you get and if someone could tell me if there is away I could flash a file that wipes my phone back to stock with no recovery or can someone post a ruu that actually works with hardware 003 radio 11.19 and I will post my broken recovery session thank anyone ahead for any type help

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so just looked at my recovery log and I thought this was going on like before in other posts its saying its wiping all files but its not take a look I'm going to shorten the errors cuz there are so mean that are repeat but someone please take a look and tell me how to fix this with a phone that won't boot thanks

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

endsleym

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I had to use unrevoked forever to turn S-OFF and it fixed it. If you don't have a working recovery I can tell you how to get around that too.