CM6 kernels, savage or snap?

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
This phone looks nice and all, but I'm not sure if I would give it up for my rooted EVO. But when I heard about the overclocking to 1.7 GHz I was just amazed. My EVO just goes up to 1.2, and I have to give up my 4G. Boohoo...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks nice and all, but I'm not sure if I would give it up for my rooted EVO. But when I heard about the overclocking to 1.7 GHz I was just amazed. My EVO just goes up to 1.2, and I have to give up my 4G. Boohoo...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

You don't have to give up 4G to overclock...

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ah okay. Have you tried the new savage kernels? Way better than then snap kernels since they haven't been updated in forever.

Hmmm no, I'll give it a try. Anyway I can disable or just delete snap? I've read I'm not supposed to disable it at the moment. Or can I just run both at once?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Did you enable turbo? If you did, the only way to delete it is a full wipe :/

It's worth it though, turbo kinda cheats to get those benchmarks, savage is a real updated kernel with lots o goodies.

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a backup I made before snap kernel and Turbo'ing it. Could I just back it up and get savage?

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the savage kernel. I installed it and everything. Does this mean its already enabled? Because there's no app for it like snap, is there anyway I can get "savage'd" just like being "turbo'd"?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I got the savage kernel. I installed it and everything. Does this mean its already enabled? Because there's no app for it like snap, is there anyway I can get "savage'd" just like being "turbo'd"?

Haha, no. Snap turbo as an app that goes with the kernel, moves some stuff around and does a little voodoo, then your quadrant scores are good. Turbo hasnt done anything for me in terms of real world speed. Savage has.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When you installed Snap it was installed before you enabled turbo, turbo was just a little something extra for the kernel.

If you've flashed Savage you're now savaged lol.

Shift on IRC said Snap9 is pretty much just around the corner for CM6.1.2, but wonder if they'll hold and re-tool for CM7.

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Haha, no. Snap turbo as an app that goes with the kernel, moves some stuff around and does a little voodoo, then your quadrant scores are good. Turbo hasnt done anything for me in terms of real world speed. Savage has.

Cool, thanks for showing it to me, anything else out there that's pretty cool?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk