Where to find how to root

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Could you explain a little more why Unrevoked should be avoided? I know a lot of people say rooting should be done the manual way and Unrevoked is evil but I want to know why? Are the developers behind unrevoked not trust worthy? Is it because they don't reveal how it's being done? I'm looking for more of a detailed explanation why it should be avoided? Thanks!

Not to go into detail but basically they do not share what they are doing so i cant tell what they are doing wrong because we do not know...we do know that things have the strong possibility of going wrong...they are not open source...But what we have realized is that it causes issues latter in your evos life such as inconsistent results while flashing roms...I just read a lengthy explination on it and it was great...cant remember where though

Bills_Evo4G

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Nicely written and well said.

Thank you :)

However, I know its recommened Not to use Unrevoked but honestly I had zero issues. I know of a few others that have used the same method with no problems as well.

But i trust you guys and reset and returned back to normal and then rooted the correct way :) learned some cool stuff along the way as well. You guys are awesome this forum and website is the best.

Last edited:

awhitt10

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely agree. Many answers can be found by even just googling it if forum doesnt help. Its a pain but I am thankful for all those who have helped.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Just so you guys know this thread was hidden while the mod/admin team reviewed it. It was found to not violate any rules. With that being said, I will still recommend some of the senior members to review the forum rules, especially the one concerning back seat modding and trolling.

Remember that new members are just that, new. If someone has a low post count and asks how to root, or which method to use, and a couple of senior members decide to say "read the stickies" or "search" that turns them off. We want members to be happy to visit. As was stated by someone in THIS THREAD, we are not XDA and we don't want a reputation like they have about being harsh and demeaning.

Again, this isn't targeted at any one person, but every senior member of the forums. We were all new once and needed help.

Reactions: Dave Blake

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Ok. Just so you guys know this thread was hidden while the mod/admin team reviewed it. It was found to not violate any rules. With that being said, I will still recommend some of the senior members to review the forum rules, especially the one concerning back seat modding and trolling.

Remember that new members are just that, new. If someone has a low post count and asks how to root, or which method to use, and a couple of senior members decide to say "read the stickies" or "search" that turns them off. We want members to be happy to visit. As was stated by someone in THIS THREAD, we are not XDA and we don't want a reputation like they have about being harsh and demeaning.

Again, this isn't targeted at any one person, but every senior member of the forums. We were all new once and needed help.

I apologize if the OP sounded harsh,it wasn't trying to be malicous, it was really to make sure that the senior members that put alot of work into these forums were appreciated for what they deserve. I do appreciate you reviewing it though, and i apologize to whoever i turned off by this thread.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if the OP sounded harsh,it wasn't trying to be malicous, it was really to make sure that the senior members that put alot of work into these forums were appreciated for what they deserve. I do appreciate you reviewing it though, and i apologize to whoever i turned off by this thread.

That is exactly why we're ok with this thread the way it is (except for the title, which I changed).

If anyone else doesn't want to post anymore because n00bs have n00b questions we're ok with that, too. But hopefully everyone decides to stick around.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Theres no way to make people read the stickies before posting, and I wouldn't want to intimidate people from posting. But we can urge people to read them, and I hope this thread helps a little with that.

Reactions: enzofall

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The best way to handle a new person posting an old question is to post a link that can help them then ether report the post so one of the Mods can close it or do your best to answer there question. Try to remember when someone posts a thread and there $400 device is siting there looking like its now a paper weight the last thing they want to hear is read the sticky. This is a help forum, if people stop needing our help we wont have much to do.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The best way to handle a new person posting an old question is to post a link that can help them then ether report the post so one of the Mods can close it or do your best to answer there question. Try to remember when someone posts a thread and there $400 device is siting there looking like its now a paper weight the last thing they want to hear is read the sticky. This is a help forum, if people stop needing our help we wont have much to do.
I agree. I'm here helping while learning as well. I do this because I love trying to help others in every way possible.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Fred just posted an awesome tutorial on the latest manual rooting method. I think that's how all the rooting stickies should be: one sticky per rooting method ("how to root manually," "how to root with Unrevoked," "how to root with autoroot"). Perhaps discuss the pros and cons of the method. And each thread should specify what hard/software versions the method applies to. That's something missing from some tutorials.

I know he tried to consolidate all the possible choices into the PSA sticky, but for noobs like me, nothing could be clearer than dedicated threads. Plus, his latest tutorial is written very clearly, with good grammar and pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87