Scared to death!!!!!!!!

jayn2g

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I REALLY want to install customs ROMS onto my Evo but I'm so afraid to do it and with my luck I'll end up bricking my phone. I've "rooted" using Unrevoked and been reading horror stories on it. Now not everyone is having problems with it but it still has me a bit Leary. I get the whole process as far as putting the ROMS onto the SD card but all i hear is "wipe this and that" lol. am i going to lose my Contacts and Apps in this process? whats the difference bet. backup recovery and titanium back up? Where do i get ROMS from? and lets just say i don't want to use a custom ROM and just want themes how do i know which one are compatible with "root" i have? Sorry for the paragraph but im ready to jump into the next level. Thanks in advance...

cooltreo

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use unrevoked. I used the stickie in this forum flashing sprintlovers. Then used rom manager to download and flash cm7. Couldn't be easier to flash with rm and I'm thinking about going with nightlies.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty hard to brick a phone actually, a lot of times you have to try is what I hear. Most times as long as you make a Nandroid backup you're good. Just do a backup BEFORE you flash ANYTHING. In recovery, it's Backup and Restore > Backup. It's pretty simple, takes 5 minutes and around 300-800MB.

Then before you flash any ROM, always wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache (under advanced in Clockwork), and data. You'll lose all data but you can use apps like "Mybackup Root" to backup data before flashing. It can backup your homescreens, system settings, apps, contacts, call log, bookmarks, alarms, sms, and mms. You can also use ROM Manager to flash ROM's but it's never worked for me...idk why.

And for ROMS there's a lot. I have to find the link later that shows all the Evo ROMs.

But I liked Caulkin's Evio 2, then I themed it to make it look like Gingerbread.
Now I'm using CM7 which is AOSP, so no Sense whatsoever. But I don't miss it.

Edit: here's the list of ROMs. http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Supersonic/ROMs
Always read through the threads like the first 5 and maybe last 5-10 is what I do.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayn2g

bb_batman_dcx

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use unrevoked. I used the stickie in this forum flashing sprintlovers. Then used rom manager to download and flash cm7. Couldn't be easier to flash with rm and I'm thinking about going with nightlies

I went the same route though I didnt flash CM7....i went with Koni's Elite Series II. I like the Sense-based ROMs better than AOSP (I also think they are better IMO)

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I rooted using Unrevoked as well. I recommend watching Youtube videos of the ROMs you wish to flash (most are over at XDA). Youtube visualized what I read in the forums... it was easy after that!

Reactions: jayn2g

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87