How did I mess up this root??

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Followed the sticky perfectly. Got ready to try and go on xbox live and it worked!! It then kicked me off and my phone keeps getting a 67 error? When I turn on hotspot it disconnect me from phones network, why? I open the tether program and it says my phones in an unknown state? Wtf is going on? I'm about to do a factory reset and just pay the 30 bucks a month for wifi hotspot of this rooting thing is going to keep glitching. It also looks like my 4g keeps trying to connect and all of the options are blacked out. Wtf did I do wrong??? Please help :/

thekid

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i think some thing is wrong with sprint because mine is doing the same thing. running fine last night turned on this morning and now this

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Followed the sticky perfectly. Got ready to try and go on xbox live and it worked!! It then kicked me off and my phone keeps getting a 67 error? When I turn on hotspot it disconnect me from phones network, why? I open the tether program and it says my phones in an unknown state? Wtf is going on? I'm about to do a factory reset and just pay the 30 bucks a month for wifi hotspot of this rooting thing is going to keep glitching. It also looks like my 4g keeps trying to connect and all of the options are blacked out. Wtf did I do wrong??? Please help :/

usb tether?

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's like the root half worked. When I turn my phone on it has a different start up. The text message boxes look different.

But if I turn on hotspot it disconnect my phone from its mobile network and just says searching or something, not sure ways going on here. I'm pretty bummed out and kinda wish I never tried this, although I followed the sticky and it seemed to go smoothly...

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I open wireless tether I get two messages.

"Your phone is in an unknown state, is your device rooted?"

It also says to reboot the device. Why can't this just work like it was supposed to?

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? All these rooted hackers on this site and no one can help?

Why does my network turn off when I turn on WiFi hotspot? That's not how rooting is supposed work correct?

Maybe if I made twenty topics on the main page like joey then maybe someone would help eh?

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That tether program is the one I have that tells me I'm in an unknown state and to reboot. It also asks if my device is rooted which it is, because I see changes in the phone all over the place.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
First of all just give us a chance i mean, all of us arent constantly on here hitting refresh all day. :p

Anyways, if youre S-off then your fine as far as root goes. Reboot into recovery, wipe everything and flash a custom rom. You using the stock rom may be the problem here.

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
How do I exactly install a rom? I thought the sticky at the top said it installed sprint lovers rom? Also, how do I s-off?

Why is this all so confusing :(

Should I do a full factory reset and just say screw it if I'm having this much trouble?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
S-off means your rooted. You can check by rebooting into recovery. Here is a picture of the Incredible's recovery. Notice it says S-off up top. Turn off the phone and turn it back on while holding the Volume Down button. You should boot into the recovery.
soff.jpg

You must have a custom recovery to install a ROM. If you are rooted, you can install a Custom Recovery through ROM manager.

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth mentioning that my phone never did what the sticky says it should do it step 21?

From the sticky - Select Bootloader from the menu with the power button, it will scan the renamed PC36IMG.zip file on the sdcard (Sprint Lover’s ROM), select Yes and apply the update, then select Yes to reboot when it’s done.

My phone DID NOT ask me to select yes for an update and yes to reboot when it was done, would that have messed this up? I'm going on 3 days of screwing with this crap, I'm about to give Sprint my $30 a month for wifi hotspot because this method doesnt seem to work.

dave84krueger

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I feel like an idiot and I am embarrassed. The reason it did not work is because I named the zip file .zip.zip

I deleted the extra .zip and now it all rebooted and I'm finally rooted. Too bad no one was able to help but at least I figured it lol, thanks anyways guys.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Its fine, the screen you booted into was the bootloader, NOT recovery. Select reboot recovery through the boot loader it should kick you into clockworkmod recovery. At this point if you were going to flash a rom youd backup, then wipe everything, and install the rom that you downloaded to your SD card in .zip format (never unzip things).

Dont hesitate to post if you got anything else you need man, but just give us a chance to reply lol.