HELP ME please (unrevoked)

turq28

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay total noob here....trying to root an HTC Evo 4g with unrevoked3 annnddd i just realized i dont know what the hell Im doing. Im running Ubuntu 10.10 and I thought it wouldve been easier than this....so here's the problem I got unrevoked and ran it...plugged in my phone and it just sits there at "Waiting for device"....i just dont know where to go from here

Shootin4aces

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
make sure you have USB debugging turned on on your evo and also that it is set to charge only!! after it is connected with both of the above settings in effect , then run the program!!!

if that fixes the problem make sure to hit thanks and if not let me know and i will try to help more :)

actually, here is the guide that i used when i initially rooted with unrevoked!!

How to root your current EVO 4G with Unrevoked3 - Evorootwiki

turq28

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have debugging on...checked off the 'ask me' box and left it in charge only...ran the program and still sits at "waiting for device".....also just formatted SD card and factory reset the phone....still nothing

turq28

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have debugging on...checked off the 'ask me' box and left it in charge only...ran the program and still sits at "waiting for device".....also just formatted SD card and factory reset the phone....still nothing

figured it out....successfully rooted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty