rooting help

aven97

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
ok so i have rooted my phone. i went to add a rom on my phone which was
[ROM][ACS] Kings UNleashed GB-R2 [GBR2-3/22/11] " KING STYLE " - xda-developers

and now im stuck in boot mode.

this is my only way of contact. and i have searched and searched. and im geting frustrated cuz most of what i have found is old stuff and i want to be sure im geting the right insight. i need my phone back asap. im downloading supersonic_3 70 651.1 and its still got 1 hour to go.

any help now that i can do?

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Alright, heres the deal...
By boot mode what do you mean? Bootloader? Recovery? Or actually booting up?
Tell me the steps you took please...Detailed if you can.
Did you make a backup?

aven97

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i used unrevoked 3. i did all the steps that it told me and rooting was successful. the phone loaded after i rooted and worked fine.

now i went to get that rom, and i downloaded it and then hooked my phone up in disk drive. i transfered the ziped file to the sd card and unhook and then used these directions to do the rom.
How To: Load a Custom ROM on the HTC Evo 4G | TheUnlockr

and when i went to reboot the only thing that pops up is the menu when you press and hold the power and down botton. with the 3 little android dudes at the bottom. i have repeted the steps to try and load the rom. and i have also tried clear storage. nothing seems to wanna load up.

i didnt make a backup.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
i used unrevoked 3. i did all the steps that it told me and rooting was successful. the phone loaded after i rooted and worked fine.

now i went to get that rom, and i downloaded it and then hooked my phone up in disk drive. i transfered the ziped file to the sd card and unhook and then used these directions to do the rom.
How To: Load a Custom ROM on the HTC Evo 4G | TheUnlockr

and when i went to reboot the only thing that pops up is the menu when you press and hold the power and down botton. with the 3 little android dudes at the bottom. i have repeted the steps to try and load the rom. and i have also tried clear storage. nothing seems to wanna load up.

i didnt make a backup.

Did you make sure to wipe EVERYTHING before you flashed ie. wipe,cache?

aven97

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah i did everything the directions showed me. but now i have inserted my card into my laptop. and theres not 1 single thing on it.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Youre sure youre at the recovery screen? What do you see? Black background with green writing?

If so, go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm. Then go to install zip from sd card and find the rom you put on there (roms should be in .zip form DO NOT UNZIP) select it and confirm to install it.

After it does its thing and kicks you back out to green writing, go back and reboot.

aven97

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i have done that 3 times now.. i am going to try another rom and see if that works. when i do that it just reboots and goes right back to the bootloader screen