google voice and sprint on aosp roms

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Whenever i flash an AOSP rom (2.3.4) and try to setup google voice it forces me to either use my google voice number or my sprint number. It no longer gives me the option to use one or the other of my choosing. It does not do this on GB sense roms when I download it from the market or restore it from titanium.

So...how do i give myself the option to use both numbers again. I do not want to do the sprint/google voice integration.

I have gone to my google voice account to disable google voice "on this account" and that still will not work. What do i need to do?

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Whenever i flash an AOSP rom (2.3.4) and try to setup google voice it forces me to either use my google voice number or my sprint number. It no longer gives me the option to use one or the other of my choosing. It does not do this on GB sense roms when I download it from the market or restore it from titanium.

So...how do i give myself the option to use both numbers again. I do not want to do the sprint/google voice integration.

I have gone to my google voice account to disable google voice "on this account" and that still will not work. What do i need to do?
I ran into this problem as well.
You need to go to google voice site on a computer, there you can remove/edit/add account information.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this problem as well.
You need to go to google voice site on a computer, there you can remove/edit/add account information.

Yeah, that worked on cm7 but I couldn't get it to work on decks Rom. I'm gonna try it again later when I have time. I liked decks Rom and wanted to give it a shot.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have Google Voice set up without the "Sprint Link" (change this on the Google Voice website), there is a button in the window above the "Next" and "Back" during the setup screens of the Google Voice app. Just pick that button that says "Skip Sprint" or something like that and you should be able to install it like normal.

I dealt with this the other day and was royally peeved until I figured out how to get around it.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you have Google Voice set up without the "Sprint Link" (change this on the Google Voice website), there is a button in the window above the "Next" and "Back" during the setup screens of the Google Voice app. Just pick that button that says "Skip Sprint" or something like that and you should be able to install it like normal.

I dealt with this the other day and was royally peeved until I figured out how to get around it.

Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to unlink my sprint account manually on the Google voice web site. I never noticed the "skip Sprint" check box but ill look for it.