Video formats

sam008

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Guys

I had another question about the phone's capability. Will it be able to play .avi, divx, x264 files directly for streaming to a TV or would they need to be converter first?

Thx

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You know, this brings up an interesting question that I hadn't thought of yet...

What will I have to do in order to play all my windows media files (audio and video) on the Evo?

I have been using Windows Mobile phones for years, so a lot of my files are in Windows Media format. Do Android phones play those files?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of converters. Handbrake is a great one (and I mean GREAT). Video quality is second to none, which will be nice with the beautiful display.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I use, or used to since I'm using Lucid on the desktop, Handbrake for converting everything including DVDs to .mpv
Started converting to .mp4 even before I ditched WM.

Phongables

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of converters. Handbrake is a great one (and I mean GREAT). Video quality is second to none, which will be nice with the beautiful display.

question.... When I convert 300mb .AVI file to a mp4 file. It comes out 2gb+ and the video doesn't play right (it plays in sorta slow motion). Any suggestions?

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Check your settings carefully. The only time I ever have one come out larger is when the bitrate, video or audio, is larger than the original.
Surprisingly from my playing resolution has very little effect on actual file size.

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
For HD movies i have on my computer in .mkv format, will those be able to play?

I don't think mkv files will work. MKV is a container kinda like AVI that holds the audio and video tracks. You'll need to use some software like "MKV extract" to pull the tracks and remux them into a .mp4 file.

Phongables

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
having trouble playing my mp4 files that i converted from avi using HANDBRAKE. On the evo I can hear it but its just Blank. Any suggestions?

for example on one of the videos

142.2 mb
Dimensions 1280 x 720
Codecs H 264, AAC
Duration 03:26
Channel Count : 2
bit rate: 5,804

audio on the vid works well but it just doesnt play
-1-1.png

Last edited: