internal memory question

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
i use history cleaner as well as the built-in running apps closer on GO LauncherEX. when i use history cleaner, it says "70mb free", and when i use the running apps closer, it says "200mb free". why are these numbers different?

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
settings\applications\running services:

it says RAM 269mb used, 94mb free.

It doesn't matter what the RAM is at. Disregard the numbers at the bottom of the Running Services page. RAM is used as needed, if it gets full Android will automatically end some idle processes to make room for what you need.

The only internal memory you SHOULD be checking, is interal storage. To see this go to Settings>Storage -> Internal Storage Available

^ That should be the only thing you can rely on being correct. Don't worry what your other apps tell you. I try to keep it abovfe 50mb becasue once you stop dipping below a certain point, your phone will start telling you space is low.

m a x i m u s

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

The only internal memory you SHOULD be checking, is interal storage. To see this go to Settings>Storage -> Internal Storage Available

ok, mine says 67 mb, which, incidentally, is the same thing that the history eraser app says. still wondering why the GoLauncherEX running services screen says "free/total memory: 150m/404m". is this the RAM?

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Memory typically stands for RAM in 90% of the places it's used in regarding technology.

If you haven't done this already, try moving all of the apps you can to your SD Card (this WILL remove the ability to use widgets for those apps if applicable. i.e.: Google+ widget), or removing some apps you don't use or don't really need. Another reason why you may be low on internal memory is because Sense takes up a nice chunk (even if you're not using it, it's still there). That is if, and only if, you're not using an AOSP ROM like CyanogenMod.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis