Played with the evo today

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
So today I played with the evo. I knew I was approaching something special when a saw the gorgeous sleek screen of the evo, which is the first thing that will wow you. The screen really is gorgeous and text displays beautifully. Youtube HQ looks great and viewing web pages is very easy on the eyes. Everything is very smooth although I would have liked the pinch to zoom feature to possibly be a little bit faster in zooming, but that's just a hasty quick impression and more usage is needed before I can actually nitpick the pinch to zoom. However, scrolling is more smooth and didn't really notice any lag which was nice.

While the phone is on the larger size, It didn't have a problem holding it as well as putting it in my pocket. The phone is fairly sleek and thin so it doesn't feel very bulky in the pocket which is nice.

I did make one phone call with the phone and I do wish that the earpiece speaker could be a bit louder (did not test speakerphone). Although this could just be an issue with the unit itself, as the phone technically isn't out just yet. I have read reviews from engadget and others, who did claim that the earpiece speaker was nice and clear, but I also read the pc mag review that claimed the speaker wasn't loud enough which leads me to believe that it can just be an inconstancies between pre launch units.

I was pleasantly surprised by the virtual keyboard as it is very responsive and during the first use, I didn't have any typos. I've used the hero's keyboard and I had issues with it, but the evo's worked great. I used the speech to text feature as well and it worked well.

The phone is of course an android htc 2.1 build phone so it probably feels like the incredible (I've never played with the incredible just yet, but based on videos I've seen, it looks very similar). I only played with the phone for about 15 minutes, so this is just a first impression and I will be playing with the phone a little more over the weekend, so let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

mightymouse68

May 18, 2010
Visit site
"so let me know if you have any questions."

I have a question. You do realize the EVO doesn't have a physical keyboard, right? I'll assume you meant soft keyboard. Congrats on getting to hold one. They are pretty SPEC-tacular. (See what I did there?)

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
"so let me know if you have any questions."

I have a question. You do realize the EVO doesn't have a physical keyboard, right? I'll assume you meant soft keyboard. Congrats on getting to hold one. They are pretty SPEC-tacular. (See what I did there?)

Yes lol it felt like a physical keyboard. I meant virtual lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch