06-04-2010 03:45 PM
413 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I have not seen this feature yet.
    Look in your setting, the sound and display... its close to the bottom.

It actually a quiet ringer on movement.. not silence...
    05-24-2010 02:52 PM
    I just have one question:
    1. When you plug in a headphone into the jack does it stick out???? I saw a HTC Evo Fm radio review and it was sticking out..
    Hmm I don't know have not pluged in a head set yet. I use bluetooth headsets, I'm actually watching England vs Mexico soccer game on it right now and its beautiful, but when I get home will make sure to plug in a headset and will let you know how it looks. I will probably take some more pictures today and maybe a video.
    05-24-2010 02:53 PM
    I just have one question:
    1. When you plug in a headphone into the jack does it stick out???? I saw a HTC Evo Fm radio review and it was sticking out..
    Yes, it all depend on how big the connector is... I plugged in my BEATS into the slot and it looked nice, because the connector was small...

did that answer your question?
    05-24-2010 02:53 PM
    I am saying this with love.. I hate you.. Get the phone early and now free demo swag.. Congrats, thanks for the info and looking forward to seeing the case and such..
    Thanks and sorry I know life is good/cruel sometimes. LOL
    05-24-2010 02:54 PM
    Its not the point, We pay good money for these phone and they should be defect free. If you went and bought a new car would you deal with wind noise? Thats the point.
    Everything is going to have defects, it's just a matter of finding them. The leakage doesn't seem to be a big deal and it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone.
    05-24-2010 02:55 PM
    By the way FM radio only work when you plug in headphones iinto the jack.. but it seems to still get stations without any need to have a special set of phones...
    Hmm I don't know have not pluged in a head set yet. I use bluetooth headsets, I'm actually watching England vs Mexico soccer game on it right now and its beautiful, but when I get home will make sure to plug in a headset and will let you know how it looks. I will probably take some more pictures today and maybe a video.
    Thanks.
    Today is the first day I have actually put the phone in my Jeans going to work and I have to say no problem at all it actually feels smaller then my Palm Pre cause its so thin. Keep in mind that I am a 6 foot 2 inch tall guy, but to me in my pocket it feels smallr then both my Palm Pre and HTC Hero.
    Thanks!

That's good to know cause I'm 6 foot 3.
    05-24-2010 02:56 PM
    Look in your setting, the sound and display... its close to the bottom.

It actually a quiet ringer on movement.. not silence...
    Sweet thanks it sure it there and works great. Nice.
    05-24-2010 02:56 PM
    Everything is going to have defects, it's just a matter of finding them. The leakage doesn't seem to be a big deal and it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone.
    yeah I know but I play with mine the most at night so it does start to wear on me.
    05-24-2010 02:57 PM
    On the Hero with 2.1 in the Gmail app you can tap and hold a message while in the inbox/folder(label) view. This will give you a number of quick options including mark as read/unread. I see no reason why this would be any different on the EVO.
    Yes that works the same on the evo but I don't see a way to quickly mark like 5 messages at once as read.
    05-24-2010 02:58 PM
    Also... I notice a feature to silence the ringer on movement of the phone.
    i think if u turn the phone on its screen while it is ringing it will silience
    05-24-2010 02:59 PM
    Sweet thanks it sure it there and works great. Nice.
    No problem... have you tried qik yet? Tried it out last night and the quality was good over wifi... but I couldnt get it to work where I could share a live feed with my friend?? it was always delayed or something?? Also if you ever use qik know that it automatically uploads every video you take with qik to your page... thats whether you set it to private or public.

So dont go testing that feature and do something strange... lol
    05-24-2010 02:59 PM
    Its not the point, We pay good money for these phone and they should be defect free. If you went and bought a new car would you deal with wind noise? Thats the point.
    i do with my 09 sentra
    05-24-2010 03:00 PM
    No problem... have you tried qik yet? Tried it out last night and the quality was good over wifi... but I couldnt get it to work where I could share a live feed with my friend?? it was always delayed or something?? Also if you ever use qik know that it automatically uploads every video you take with qik to your page... thats whether you set it to private or public.

So dont go testing that feature and do something strange... lol
    haha good to know, I actually have not singed up for qik yet so haven't used it yet, been kind of busy converting everything over from my hero and installing all my necesary apps.
    05-24-2010 03:02 PM
    hey all you guys that wanted to get a chargin dock for work may want to reconsider cause the kick stand works really nicelly so don't know that its need.

Also I have installed a few games so far:
    Asphalt 5
    Let's Golf
    Real Footbal
    Assasins

I have to say they all work great but Let's Golf is just stunning. It runs just as smooth as on the Palm Pre but with a 4.3' beatiful screen its quite impressive.
    05-24-2010 03:06 PM
    Games aren't really my thing, although I could use a nice sudoku app. A dock looks nice though, so I might get one just for that.
    05-24-2010 03:19 PM
    I know that Asphalt 5 runs a little slower than on the Pre, but is it bearable? How about Assasin, does it look just like the Pre/iPhone or is it a more 2dish version?
    05-24-2010 03:21 PM
    Games aren't really my thing, although I could use a nice sudoku app. A dock looks nice though, so I might get one just for that.
    Ya was sent some games to review so hey why not but ya I don't play to much either even though on my pre Let's Golf was my favorite game so thats nice to have, but ya dock dock does look good, I'm definatelly getting the Car Mount.
    05-24-2010 03:22 PM
    I know that Asphalt 5 runs a little slower than on the Pre, but is it bearable? How about Assasin, does it look just like the Pre/iPhone or is it a more 2dish version?
    NO looks exactly like on the pre and runs great, but ya I have to agree Asphalt 5 does run slightly slower. Don't know why but would assume OS limitations, hopefully I can get a hold of NFS to review. I guess people claim it ran awsome on the Evo when they announced the release in New York.
    05-24-2010 03:24 PM
    Now that you have had the device for awhile can you give us some real world battery life examples. How is it if you just use 3G all day and not 4G? Big Difference? Just some more indepth information on your daily battery performance would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions. I know you are making a lot of people very happy.
    05-24-2010 03:24 PM
    OK well now that I have had some heavy usage on it. All my battery results will be based on 3G only as I don't have 4G and 4G has been completely turned off on the phone. But anyway I would say constant usage searching the web or playing games the point being that the screen is constantly on battery will last about 4.5hrs. So taking that into comparison whith the Palm pre which would only last me like 2.5hrs and Htc Hero would last about 5.5 to 6hrs. Just trying to compare with other phones. Again my hero was rooted so that could have made a big difference. Anyway I see absolutely no reason why this phone once you start using it regularly would not last you a entire day. I have 3 email accounts synced up allong with facebook and twitter and if the screen is not constantly on battery is pretty good.
    05-24-2010 03:31 PM
    Now that you have had the device for awhile can you give us some real world battery life examples. How is it if you just use 3G all day and not 4G? Big Difference? Just some more indepth information on your daily battery performance would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions. I know you are making a lot of people very happy.
    Honestly, you know how Phone nerd are with new toys.. they use the heck out of them for the first few days, then get to normal usage.

Well i got the phone on friday afternoon... unboxed and charged it while I was playing with it. On saturday morning I took it off the charger at 8am, used google nav from my house to Downtown LA and back, I did some text messages... browsed alot of sites like engadget, cnn, macrumors etc... talked on it for about 10mins total.. had wifi on the whole entire time but I had 4g off..

When i got home at about 6pm I was at 22%... it was yelling at me to charge it at around 830... so 12 hours with medium usage and about 2 hours of GPS being on... not bad.. oh phone had autobrightness on
    05-24-2010 03:34 PM

I have to say they all work great but Let's Golf is just stunning. It runs just as smooth as on the Palm Pre but with a 4.3' beatiful screen its quite impressive.
    That's excellent to hear! I've certainly missed that game since moving to the Hero from the Pre.
    05-24-2010 04:38 PM
    One other question....not sure if anyone else has asked in this thread. The screen is it actually glass (a la Droid) or is it plastic (a la Pre)?
    05-24-2010 04:52 PM
413 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD