Got my HTC Evo yesterday ask if you have any questions!

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok but when you get a text does it still display the message on the screen? lets say when the phone is sitting there idle how do you know you got a message and from what?

well the led will flash and also there is a message across the top of the screen in the notification area it shows up before it minimizes.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
i am speaking from the hero which i had same OS .. if u use default messaging app .. it says the message above the lock screen ... says person and time and i think part of message ... whatever fits .. but if u decide to use a 3rd party messaging app like handcent sms ... which makes it look like the iphone .. messaging bubbles then u wont see anything on your lock screen ... but there is a popup for sms messages that u can configure .. it will automatically unlock your phone if u want and u will see popup with message

+1, I use chompsms and it works exactly like described above.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for all the questions, but does it show the text message before it minimizes it?

well there is the top bar on android and the text message that comes in just kind of quickly scrolls through the top bar and then its minimized to just an message icon.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
ok great so you do get a chance to see it like the pre. Thank you for your help. How are you liking the size and how are you carrying it?

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yes you do and just like the pre if the message is to long you don't see the entire message, and I love the size but like I have mentions before I always thought the Pre was way to small, and I cary it right in my pocket with no problems.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there any light leakage around the screen like the pre's are prone to have?

no not around the screen, but there is a small, and I mean small almost un noticable leakage at the egge of the phone underneath the buttons, but I promisse its barely noticable nothing like the pre.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
no not around the screen, but there is a small, and I mean small almost un noticable leakage at the egge of the phone underneath the buttons, but I promisse its barely noticable nothing like the pre.

I was able to deal with the Pre's leakage, I will be fine with this. Thanks

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
it really is I think allot of people will love this because there is no major complaints like there was on the pre from day one.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
@dkotoric1 ,
hey man first off thanks for taking so much of your time to answer all the questions that we have . The information you have posted here has been awesome.

Ok so I currently own a Palm Crapre and when I put the phone into my pocket and walk around for bit and pull it out of my pocket I have like 5 or 6 things opened- phone,internet and various apps. Now this happens when I just randomly walk around the office or if I am working out . has something similar to this happened on the EVO ?

Also have you tried any video chat programs like say Chat roulette ?

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
One thing I notice about the Evo is how solidly built it is. My Hero has dust under the screen because there are little gaps between the screen glass and the edge of the phone. On the Evo, the edge is nearly seamless and I would guess it would be much harder for dust to get in there (crossing fingers). So far, the Evo is hands down the best phone I've ever owned, or seen.