Pre-Order or Standing in Line, What Are You?

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
the overly numberous "who preordered" and "who is camping out/buying on release day" threads didnt cover both sides of this one thread?

Ok then.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll be at the Shack upon opening hoping to get home early enough to be able to play with it all day long (Thats what she said!).

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
the overly numberous "who preordered" and "who is camping out/buying on release day" threads didnt cover both sides of this one thread?

Ok then.

Fact is there are a lot of new people coming into these forums. It happens and sometimes we just let it go. Don't like it... don't post here. End of story. If you have issue with that PM me and don't post in this thread again.

*In fact not a single thread in the first 5 pages of this forum is dedicated to the topic. So "overly numberous" amount of threads is a bit of a stretch.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered from RS. It's in a mall, but they are gonna open up early on Friday for those of us who've been nagging them to do so.

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Preordered

I cant take the headaches of lines I become rather impatient so I just preordered my evo at a small radioshack across the street from my job.

RedhddOne

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Fact is there are a lot of new people coming into these forums. It happens and sometimes we just let it go. Don't like it... don't post here. End of story. If you have issue with that PM me and don't post in this thread again.

*In fact not a single thread in the first 5 pages of this forum is dedicated to the topic. So "overly numberous" amount of threads is a bit of a stretch.

I think I just fell in love with this Mod! :D I have been a lurker here for awhile and get sick of those complaining about anything and everything...

But.. to stay on track...

I'm coming from a Palm Pre which I stood in line for 20 minutes for @ Best Buy last year. They had 4 and I was #4 in line. :D

Decided I didn't want to risk not getting it on launch day and pre-ordered from Best Buy & having them install a shield for me (because I put one on the Pre by myself and did so bad I tore it off after about 3 weeks = big waste of $).

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

I am one of the new people - another pre user switching to the evo.

To stay on topic, I preordered from BB and picking it up at 9am, just to get the instant rebate and free headset as I dont own a bluetooth.

jds

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not anticipating any lines actually at any of the local Sprint stores. Nobody should take this the wrong way but besides us, nobody really knows or cares about this phone. It is even less hyped by Sprint then the Palm Pre. Even with that how big were the lines in the stores that had them? 5-15 people? I'm walking in, and walking out. ;)

*Now maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. We will know come Friday.

I think this phone is way more hyped up I was talking to a colleague about the phone she knew a lot more about the phone because of facebook fan groups. The post updates about the phone.. release dates, spec's, pictures and those updates go to a lot of people. So imo i think it might be a problem in high metro area's

heberman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I waited in line 45 minutes for my Pre. There are no Radio Shack or Best Buy stores selling Sprint in my state, so I actually preordered at my local Sprint store - $50 deposit and the store is giving me a $20 credit plus a car charger. I still have to do the rebate thing.

I'll just show up at the store around opening time and hopefully get my Evo then.

oldpapa49

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ima pre to EVO convert! I just ordered (Monday) my EVO at the Sprint store and need to wait til Tuesday next week.
When I got my Pre it had no Cam-Corder and other fine items (no focus either). Just had to wait.. Still missing things that other out of the box phones had and did not have in the Pre.
So the EVO is bigger.. There be a belt holder for it. So no tiny keyboard, so its on screen and yet they are putting an on screen KB on the pre as a hack.
But, I have 30 days to return with a restock fee.

Now to wait..
Old

jds

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ima pre to EVO convert! I just ordered (Monday) my EVO at the Sprint store and need to wait til Tuesday next week.
When I got my Pre it had no Cam-Corder and other fine items (no focus either). Just had to wait.. Still missing things that other out of the box phones had and did not have in the Pre.
So the EVO is bigger.. There be a belt holder for it. So no tiny keyboard, so its on screen and yet they are putting an on screen KB on the pre as a hack.
But, I have 30 days to return with a restock fee.

Now to wait..
Old

I barely understood most of that!

But that sucks you have to wait till Tuesday..

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I think this phone is way more hyped up I was talking to a colleague about the phone she knew a lot more about the phone because of facebook fan groups. The post updates about the phone.. release dates, spec's, pictures and those updates go to a lot of people. So imo i think it might be a problem in high metro area's

How many EVO commercials have you seen on TV? I saw plenty Palm Pre commercials...

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I was the 1st in my town to pre-order from BB. Then my Premiere line got messed up at Sprint. So now I am standing in line at my Sprint store where they will promptly credit my account for the different in full retail and a full upgrade. Oh well.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Those of you who are waiting in line like myself ... Where are ya going to be and what time are you planning on showing up? I plan on checkin out the scene the night before at my Sprintstore in LA on LaCienega

breakinghbts#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am also a Pre convert. I am waiting in line, to not deal with hassels or a retailer. I've had awful sprint experiences with both RS and BB. I also want to BTA so that the mail in rebate, will be my last payment on the phone, did it last year with the pre, no problems.

I am goin to be waiting at the store on, RT 2, close to my house. I called them today, and they said they expect a line. A big line. The guy told me, over the last week, they get at least 5 callers an hour asking about the EVO launch. And several walk-ins a day, asking about it. There are a lot of sprint stores in my area. So my plan of waking at 5a, and getting there around 5:30-6, seems a little weak. I am most definatly going to set the alarm for 4, and head out, after showering. I do not want to be without this phone, come friday night.

For those of you comparing this to pre launch. I say don't. The pre may have been all over the TV, but the EVO is on everyone's lips. Big difference. Nobody really cared about the pre when it launched, except for the techies. But the EVO? I know so many people who just know it as "the new super phone on sprint". So IMHO this launch will be bigger than most on here expect.

We shall find out the answer to all of our questions, come friday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty