Getting EVO tomorrow...

Burnt Toast

May 17, 2010
Visit site
by camping out at a Sprint Store so I can just bill it to the account. However, I'm upgrading out of my Palm Pre which I want to put on a new line of service. I currently have a two-line Family Plan and I need to open up a third line and want to put the Palm Pre on there. Will that third line be required to have a contract even though I'm not buying a subsidized phone for it and just using my old phone on it?

Just got the e-mail about the 8am open... woo. Too bad the nearest Sprint Store in Orlando from me (I live right outside of the tourist bubble near Animal Kingdom) is 35 minutes away from me at Florida Mall. Heh.

eric.atx

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why it would require you to have a new 2 year agreement if you are not purchasing a new phone. I would think you could just add a line without contract.

waazzupppp#WN

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The 'Pre' should not require a contract, but a 1 year might not be such a bad idea - especially if you get a 'freebie' phone that you can use later if you open that contract. VZW did that for me a few times over the course of the last 10 years with them.

Opened a line, then saved the credit for when something new and exciting came or something broke.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
ALL NEW Activated lines require a 2yr agreement! I would add the line with retentions. I have got them to waive the contract.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint wouldn't allow me to save my discount. I tried to get a CL phone and get the Evo when available, I was told that the discount can't be saved, that if I didn't use it at activation that it would be forfeited. YMMV

Burnt Toast

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I could do is that I can just upgrade my line (primary) to the EVO tomorrow then come home and try to activate the old Pre onto a third line. I might just fight to just have a 1yr contract or something because isn't there some reoccurring charge that they put on the line if you don't?

I get 20% off through my employer so I don't want to lose that as well. I'll see what I can find out.

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
by camping out at a Sprint Store so I can just bill it to the account. However, I'm upgrading out of my Palm Pre which I want to put on a new line of service. I currently have a two-line Family Plan and I need to open up a third line and want to put the Palm Pre on there. Will that third line be required to have a contract even though I'm not buying a subsidized phone for it and just using my old phone on it?

if you're buying that EVO outright, adding a third line to your account, then no, there is not contract.

flyawaymike

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site

if you're not going to get rid of any of the lines anytime soon, why not just buy the EVO subsidized on contract, then after it's activated, swap the Pre and EVO lines around.

If you're going to keep all the lines, that saves you some upfront cash, and you still achieve your objective of putting the Pre on that third line.

jds

May 26, 2010
Visit site
11:01:57 AM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Suzzane B.
11:02:11 AM : Suzzane B: Hello Justin. How are you?
11:02:20 AM : JS: hello, i'm good how are you doing?
11:02:37 AM : Suzzane B: I am doing well. Thank you for asking
11:03:00 AM : JS: i was wondering what time the stores would be opening in my area i wanted to get an evo tomorrow and i think my best bet would be to go to a sprint store
11:03:10 AM : Suzzane B: May I have the ZIP code so that I can see the store timings for you
11:03:10 AM : JS: 95008
11:03:17 AM : Suzzane B: Thank you
11:03:22 AM : Suzzane B: Please stay connected
11:03:28 AM : JS: thank you, i will
11:04:27 AM : Suzzane B: Store address is:
1658 South Bascom Ave.
Hamilton Plaza
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 559-3030
11:04:37 AM : Suzzane B: Mon-Fri 10:30 AM - 09 PM
Sat 10 AM - 09 PM
Sun 11 AM - 06 PM
11:04:43 AM : JS: yep i know where that is
11:04:55 AM : Suzzane B: Yes
11:04:56 AM : JS: oh i heard there are some places opening early for the launch
11:05:02 AM : JS: like 8 am
11:05:32 AM : Suzzane B: No, this is the store timing that I can see on the website
11:06:06 AM : JS: oh wow
11:06:10 AM : JS: i got an email from sprint
11:06:23 AM : JS: it said "the wait is over tomorrow get yours at 8 am at a store near you"
11:06:23 AM : Suzzane B: Ok
11:07:20 AM : Suzzane B: Alright, than store will get opened at 8 A.M if you received an email
11:07:53 AM : Suzzane B: Tomorrow is a day when HTC EVO is coming in the market
11:08:03 AM : JS: yep a magical day
11:08:12 AM : JS: i even took the day off work
11:08:14 AM : Suzzane B: Yes, you are correct
11:08:23 AM : Suzzane B: Great

lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non