Evo 4g camera goes black & stops responding : (

OKITChick

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello, everybody!

My camera on my Evo 4g occasionally goes black and stops responding (thus the subject) after I've taken a picture. Since I'm in IT, the first solution I try is to reboot, of course. That doesn't work. When I go to the camera again, it's still black and I can't even bring up the settings. My phone isn't rooted, and I'm on Android version 2.3.3.

Anyone else have that problem and/or have any ideas about how to fix it?

Your input is appreciated! Much obliged!!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue during the holdays. camera would go totally black, amd an error message came up. I had to get a replacement phone because sprint tech said that my Evo had moisture inside somehow and they charged me the $100.deductable.

From my EVO4G

Reactions: OKITChick

OKITChick

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply! Sorry to hear it cost you $100!!

I really appreciate your response. The situation has resolved itself, until it does it again in a few months. I left it turned off all night (as opposed to just rebooting it), and this morning it started working again. Weird.

Better luck with your new phone! Again, much obliged!!!

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happens to me some what frequently as well... however,a reboot has always fixed it for me.

I recently read elsewhere that if you rename your DCIM folder (to something like DCIM_old) that it fixes the issue. While the problem has not come back since I've done that, it may very well just be a fluke.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87