Experiencing my first glitch/problem.......

fortisi876

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's been a whopping 10hrs and I'm already having my first problem with my new Evo.

A couple hrs ago, I noticed backlight (??? what makes the screen glow) flickering. Even tho the battery indicator looked good/green I let it charge up for the past 2-3 hrs. The LED showed green so I fired her up, it looked ok at first but then began to flicker again. I shut her down, yanked the battery and fired her up again and nada. After a few cycles of trying this, now the screen doesn't light up at all. If I look closely, the phone seems to be functioning but it just wont light up. I'm not sure what's going to piss me off more, the phone crapping out on me not even a whole day into it or my local store not being able to replace the phone immediately, since I was leaving town tomorrow.

On my Palm Pre, I had a partial or full erase feature, anyone know if this phone does as well?

Anyone else having issues????

fortisi876

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
FWIW- I turned my phone off last night and let it charge overnight, when I fired it up this morning, to my surprise, it lit up again on start up. Weird. I thought for sure whatever bulb lights up the LCD was burnt out. I just hope it doesnt become an intermittent problem.

Now my next question is, how do you get 'paid for' apps after doing a wipe?

fortisi876

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
TY sir....I just discovered that. I'm really loving the Android O/S and the way things are laid out. I just hope the phone doesn't crap out on me again. :D

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
TY sir....I just discovered that. I'm really loving the Android O/S and the way things are laid out. I just hope the phone doesn't crap out on me again. :D

Are you sure you don't have it on "Auto Brightness".. If you have it on Auto Brightness then it will seem to flicker, but its just adjusting the brightness. If you goto settings and then display and then Brightness... uncheck Auto Brightness and see if that works.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have it on "Auto Brightness".. If you have it on Auto Brightness then it will seem to flicker, but its just adjusting the brightness. If you goto settings and then display and then Brightness... uncheck Auto Brightness and see if that works.

+1

Saw this last night, auto-brightness seems to get funky and make the screen higher and lower brightness like a flikr effect, bet thats the issue, just uncheck it !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez