My Iphone3GS vs My EVO...

ilivetowin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I had ATT since 2006, I had 3 lines on my account, I paid for my mom and I had two lines, one was my Iphone 3GS I upgraded to on July 31st, 2009 and the other was a Blackberry Bold 9000.

When I first got my Iphone I was blown away by the web experience it offered, I thought it was an amazing phone with an awesome screen. I usually grow tired of phones quickly however so my love fest did not last, I started growing tired of Apple deciding which APPS I can have, making me use Itunes to add music was annoying, not allowing me to use it as a disk drive, not allowing me to customize it and the lack of multitasking was really starting to bug me. So I began looking at Android

Well the first thing I realized was Android ran off Linux, and I love Ubuntu(which also runs off Linux) The second thing I noticed, was ATT had ONE Android Device(The Backflip or something stupid) So I began to decide if I should switch or not to switch.

I read about the EVO and instantly felt I needed to own this device. The specs killed the IPhone and it seemed the OS was growing rapidly and had many features I thought I would like. So I went to the Shack and preordered my EVO, calling ATT to cancel my lines(My Mom went to Metro PCS, her choice) and I got a free BB Curve from Sprint to use untill the EVO came out.

After playing with my EVO all weekend I must say I am very impressed with the Device and I love it more then I loved my Iphone when I first got it. The screen is first and foremost the most impressive feature, it dwarfs the Iphone screen and makes it look obsolete. The images are sharper as well and web pages easier to view. My Iphone looks like a 3 year old phone next to my EVO
as opposed to its true age comming up on one year.

Heres my own opinions so far on what I like better on each phone I may miss some things but from what I can recall...

Like better on EVO:
-Screen Size and quality
-Camera and Video Camera quality
-Customization of backgrounds and pretty much anything else
-Lock using pattern
-Kick Stand
-Sprints service, trumps ATT by a mile, and offers much much more including free Sprint TV, Free turn by turn navigation...ATT charges $10 each for these services
-Youtube, allows HQ youtube vids
-Text to Speech(Iphone has an app for that, but it is not integrated in anything else, you must copy and paste then go to correct program you want to use text for)

Like Better on Iphone:
-Multi Touch and in general Touch gestures more accurate and responsive
-Keyboard (Im likely just used to it having it almost a year, EVO has been difficult for me to type on so far)
-Facebook APP is much much better then Androids FB APP

Overall both are good phones but I am 100 percent Happy I switched to EVO and Sprint. Anyone with questions for me feel free to ask! Appreciated all the help I got from forum members before getting my EVO and would be glad to help out others maybe considering switching!

knip

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Showed my Evo to some of my Iphoney lovin buddies. They were very impressed by it. Had to fight them to get it back. I feel bad though, cause one of them was looking forward to a video conference with me on the Evo. Sorry Paul, go talk to Jobs.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Like Better on Iphone:
-Facebook APP is much much better then Androids FB APP
The Pre version of FB clobbers the Android version, too. Simply appalling how gimped this version is. Facebook better look at the installed bases of the various platforms and get cracking. I can understand making the iPhone a priority, but to ignore Android is just being stupid.