Well I did it :)

jsimon9633

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Well after much deliberation and thought and debating. I have decided to get an Evo and stay with it. Over my Pre and over the new Iphone.

The ATT 2g data plan really pulled me far away from the new Iphone.

My Pre, i Love WebOS but I need some apps and updates :)

I will probably have some questions on what apps are recommended for what but for now I am happy with my EVO and that beautiful screen.

Just wanted to greet you EVO and Android fanatics :)

alberto

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand AT&T's logic behind that. Granted, there data usage is probably through the roof! But c'mon, 2Gigs? Well, I downloaded 3 zip files averaging 80mb under Sprint's 3G which i could never do on my Palm Pre (don't know why). And im cool.

jsimon9633

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys :) I am pretty active on these forums so as I learn more I will be looking to help others as well as ask anything to you guys.

I am really thrilled to see the community support that Android has garnered and glad to be a part of it now.

morellox

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking things will turn out 'ok' eventually... but I'm coming from 3+ years of Palm, had the pre since release day. LOVE it, I didn't have the hardware issues others did and I did have mine overclocked with a custom kernal and a great deal of patches...

BUT... now I have the EVO as well and I love the hardware the things I'm not liking so far are things the way Android Operates like closing apps is very straight forward on the Pre, and clean.... android... not so much, and having to get an app to do something that should be basic functionality is a tad annoying since the app store is a cluster F

jsimon9633

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah who knows what ATT is thinking.

At least make it like 35 unlimited. itd be higher but at least an option.

I have an iPad and downloaded 2gb in like 5 days. I am heavy user and that cap is borderline laughable. At least 5gb, not that it would be that much better but 2gb is a straight up joke.

I used 2gb a month on my palm pre and I barely used it for anything more than twitter/fb/surfing.

Alberto

jsimon9633

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking things will turn out 'ok' eventually... but I'm coming from 3+ years of Palm, had the pre since release day. LOVE it, I didn't have the hardware issues others did and I did have mine overclocked with a custom kernal and a great deal of patches...

BUT... now I have the EVO as well and I love the hardware the things I'm not liking so far are things the way Android Operates like closing apps is very straight forward on the Pre, and clean.... android... not so much, and having to get an app to do something that should be basic functionality is a tad annoying since the app store is a cluster F

You should really give TaskOS a chance. I have it now and it works great and its almost as good as the pre cards.

I know its a bit of a pain to have to download an extra app but its well worth it, trust me I was having the same issues coming from an overclocked pre running at 800mhz. but man there are just no damn apps.