For those with button backlight bleed

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Count me in, I am going to wait to do in exchange, but it is getting worse. The phone out of the box was fine, no light leak or raised bottom area, over the last couple of days the bottom glass area started to raise. I also started to have problems with the touch sensitivity on the upper portion of the screen.

dahlberg123

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Count me in, I am going to wait to do in exchange, but it is getting worse. The phone out of the box was fine, no light leak or raised bottom area, over the last couple of days the bottom glass area started to raise. I also started to have problems with the touch sensitivity on the upper portion of the screen.

Same here. I have flash-lighting, touch sensitivity issues and it also sounds like I have some issue with my microsd card, all of my pictures end up with a grey bar at the bottom??

Itoao

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Called Sprint made sure I have equipment replacement. Also HTC to let them know about issue. Rep said he didn't know anything about it. Used your ticket number you are missing a 0 bpmurr lol. He added one and found it, My name is Ivan and my ticket# is 10USD240007468. In case anyone wants to use that also. I just want them to know about it so I don't have issues later.
Just to be clear I am going to wait to exchange mine also. I am not having any touch sensitive issues though.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
have some light leakage under the buttons with mine as well. Nothing to make me flip over. It's an obvious manufact. problem and since I've had insurance for a year now I'm not too worried about it. If it gets to be a problem I'll be able to exchange it free of charge considering it's an OBVIOUS manufact. defect.

Reason I'm not jumping on the exchange bandwagon is because I don't want to get a replacement that is worse. So I'll wait until this one bothers me then I'll replace.

Good luck everyone!

bpmurr

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Called Sprint made sure I have equipment replacement. Also HTC to let them know about issue. Rep said he didn't know anything about it. Used your ticket number you are missing a 0 bpmurr lol. He added one and found it, My name is Ivan and my ticket# is 10USD240007468. In case anyone wants to use that also. I just want them to know about it so I don't have issues later.
Just to be clear I am going to wait to exchange mine also. I am not having any touch sensitive issues though.

Thanks l fixed my post!

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
have some light leakage under the buttons with mine as well. Nothing to make me flip over. It's an obvious manufact. problem and since I've had insurance for a year now I'm not too worried about it. If it gets to be a problem I'll be able to exchange it free of charge considering it's an OBVIOUS manufact. defect.

Reason I'm not jumping on the exchange bandwagon is because I don't want to get a replacement that is worse. So I'll wait until this one bothers me then I'll replace.

Good luck everyone!

me too, the next time Im near a sprint store Im going stop and at least have the look at it, my screen is not coming up but I do have a tiny bit of screen bleed.

Maybe HTC should have a recall.

Last edited:

Itoao

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed it on Engadget too. It hasnt gotten any worse so I have not been back to radio shack yet. Still well within 30 days.

nahpungnome

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Update: It seems that HTC has gotten enough complaints because a rep called me today asking for more details and pictures of the issue. He also said that they're looking into the issue. For those that haven't contacted HTC about this issue yet (I did once by phone and email), you should probably do so. As said by others, the more people that contact them, the more aware they'll become of the issue.

bpmurr

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Update: It seems that HTC has gotten enough complaints because a rep called me today asking for more details and pictures of the issue. He also said that they're looking into the issue. For those that haven't contacted HTC about this issue yet (I did once by phone and email), you should probably do so. As said by others, the more people that contact them, the more aware they'll become of the issue.

I got the call as well today. Since I didn't have time to do pics over the weekend I'll take some tonight and post them here as well.

Tekka

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My bro has the same issue, we noticed it got worse when he constantly pressed the glass down. It went from not even noticeable to noticeable in lil over 3 days. The Evo is thicker then the HD2, an easy fix would be to buy one of the HD2's rubber jackets that overlap the bottom of the phone. Bonnie over at CNet mention the light coming thru in her review...

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm most likely going to do an exchange before my 30 day window is up. I figure this might be useful info for the dyi crowd bold enough to take apart a new device. If my exchange does the same thing then I might go the dyi route.

I just noticed it on Engadget too. It hasnt gotten any worse so I have not been back to radio shack yet. Still well within 30 days.

Why are you concerned about being within a "30 day window"? The phone has a 1 year factory warranty.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just a question where does your EVO screen sit in relation to the black plastic surround? My first EVO's radio was junk right out of the box but that one had no screen bleed, the screen sat just a bit below the plastic. the second one the screen is level but does have the bleed.

nahpungnome

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I got another call from HTC, this time from a manager. This time, they offered to replace my device with a brand new one. So they're sending me out a new phone, which is going to arrive tomorrow and I'll be sending them my unit.

I was pleasantly surprised that they're taking the issue VERY seriously now. They even paid for overnight shipping to and from me. I'm sure glad I was polite in bringing my issue up to them.

Of course now I can't return my unit to Radio Shack since it's a different phone, but oh well.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a half-inch leakage right under the HOME button and honestly it doesn't bother me enough to deal with getting a replacement. Everything else with the phone is perfect, so I'd be worried of getting a replacement with this issue fixed and something else messed up. I went through this with my Palm Pre until i got something flawless after my 6th time. and I refuse to go through it again.

auburnmk

May 15, 2010
Visit site
wow, a very different response than the "Check with your Sprint store and see what they have to say" that I got lol

What department were you able to leave your name and number? :cool:

UPDATE: I called tonight and HTC took all the particulars regarding issues, contact- and device information. Even so far as saying I should hear from someone in 5-7 business days regarding a repair process when(if) its rolled out. Encouraging to say the least. :cool:

UPDATE: I got another call from HTC, this time from a manager. This time, they offered to replace my device with a brand new one. So they're sending me out a new phone, which is going to arrive tomorrow and I'll be sending them my unit.

I was pleasantly surprised that they're taking the issue VERY seriously now. They even paid for overnight shipping to and from me. I'm sure glad I was polite in bringing my issue up to them.

Of course now I can't return my unit to Radio Shack since it's a different phone, but oh well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty