Stock Clock App alarm failure

CamaroHutch

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. so twice now the stock alarm has failed to go off at all. I created an alarm for 5:30 AM for m-f on Sunday. It failed to go off on Monday morning and I was late for work.. ok a fluke... I checked the settings and everything looked correct still. Goes off Tuesday morning as expected. Great. Today, fails to go off again but I was prepared and had a secondary alarm device :) . Look at the settings, still the same time for m-f... what the hell? Any idea? This shall serve as a warning to anyone who uses the stock alarm exclusively... Any suggestions for 3rd party apps that won't fail me?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hrmm, not sure then. I've used the alarm twice now and it has worked as expected. Wonder if something else running was somehow conflicting with it.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Some had alarm issues with the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2, seems like an inherent HTC problem.

With that said, we always used 3rd party alarms to ensure reliability. Are any of you using 3rd party alarms, and if so, which one's are good?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine fail more than once. The only thing I have found to work is I have to turn the alarm off, and then turn it back on right before i go to bed...

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Thats really odd... A task killer is usually the culprit... Have you tried a factory reset... To make sure its not a bad app or something causing the issue??

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't use alarms all the time (mainly I use them when travelling), but I haven't had any problem with the 30 or so alarms that I have needed since getting my EVO.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
It has failed a few times already. I mainly relay on my iPod and Blackberry for alarm needs. The Android will only wake me up when it wants too.

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have not had a problem yet. I learned a while ago when it comes to alarms keep it simple. I set the alarm to go off everyday then turn it on and off every night/morning.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you ensure it's not being nuked by your task manager, it works just fine, even before Froyo. Eclair had no issues in regards to that.

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, no task killer but "Os Monitor" installed. I removed OS monitor and downloaded Alarm Clock Plus and my alarm has yet to miss a beat.

Also, Alarm Clock Plus lets you easily set what sound you want to wake up to, such as a song. Oh and you can set a math problem so you have to answer it before you can snooze/dismiss.

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine fail more than once. The only thing I have found to work is I have to turn the alarm off, and then turn it back on right before i go to bed...

Same, And this is not just from a task killer, I've had it happen in either configuration myself (hard resets a plenty in between too.)

Agreed, The only thing that seems to prevent it is to turn the alarms off and back on. I did notice that it seemed to at least happen once when powering the phone off and back on, So that could be why at least it happens sometimes.

Can be VERY annoying.