I have an unwanted alarm or hidden alarm with clock app

Bob5d

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S8. Almost every morning at 5:45AM, an unwanted alarm goes off. It's the stock clock app. So frustrating. I can't stop it. I've searched forums, no answers. I restart the phone before bed. Still happens. I deleted all the alarms, cleared app data, cleared app cache. I've even wiped the system cache. Still get the alarm. I've set an alarm for 5:40 and checked there is not an alarm for 5:45 in the list. But at 5:45, the alarm goes off, and then it's there in the list afterwards. I've set an alarm for 5:45, let it go off, then deleted it, but it's back the next morning. I feel like some other app is causing this, but I don't know what it would be. I'm ready to do a factory reset and start over. Anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Go to sleep tonight in Safe mode. If it stops, start eliminating potential apps. If it continues in safe mode, get warranty on the phone. You may need to do a reset, or a repair /replacement.

Bob5d

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
I have solved this problem. I finally figured out the offending app was my Sleep IQ app for my Sleep Number bed. It has a "Routines" feature that contains an alarm function. I'll have a separate conversation with them, but happy to have a solution on this.

KHolce

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
I have solved this problem. I finally figured out the offending app was my Sleep IQ app for my Sleep Number bed. It has a "Routines" feature that contains an alarm function. I'll have a separate conversation with them, but happy to have a solution on this.

Thank you so much!! This problem was plaguing me for months on my tablet. I would delete the offending alarm from the Samsung stock Clock app before going to bed. Then the next morning at 6:15 it would alarm and show up in the list again. None of the tips in various forums worked. I finally started turning the tablet completely off to prevent the alarm. Recently I purchased a new phone and it started occurring on the phone, so I started looking for answers again. After reading your post, I realized I have the SleepIQ app on both devices and had the SmartAlarm routine set for 6:45. Note the app states in can start waking you up 30 minutes before the desired time. Hence the 6:15 phantom alarm. Thanks again!!!

Matthew Arthurs

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
Thank you so much... Ive been dealing with this crap for 8 months on my PixelXL 2. Goggle support could not figure it out so i ended up disabling the default clock app and using a 3rd party alarm.

Just got the PixelXL 3, this morning the @$%@#$@% Alarm went off at 3:45am (SleepIQ was set for 4:15)

Disabling the smart alarm fixed the issue, thank you so much!!!

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
So this real expensive I'm going to make you sleep better bed and hook me to the iot has apparently caused alot of people alot of sleep. I'm laughing, but if it were me I'd be pretty pizzzed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh