Should I?

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the opportunity to get one of these phones and right now I'm on the kyocera echo. I hate this phone... Is the evo a good phone? I don't root. Basic use. Facebook, YouTube, text, call, emails. Never have gps on and I'm sick of slow data speeds. Is the 4G worth it? Opinions please.

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what your expectations are and how much you are buying it for. The Evo is one of the most successful Android phones ever, and it is 2 years old now. It's still my daily phone. Just google for many many many reviews. 4G will suck your battery, but it's obviously much faster data if you have it in your area. If you are coming from the Echo, you will LOVE the Evo.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'm just expecting less lag/force closes. Better sound quality and an overall nicer shape for my hand and pocket.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Who doesn't like added bulge in the crotch area?!

I'd say for your usage 4G is worth it. Just hope you have a good Data plan...

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Haha I just don't like carrying around what feels like a brick all day. I walked around with the evo and barely notice it.

dubyasux

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I love the EVO, but the Wi-Max (4G) coverage and data speed are not as impressive as LTE or even HPSA+. If Sprint 3G coverage is solid is your area, I would recommend the phone. Be very careful when connecting the USB cable, however, as the USB connector on the EVO can be damaged with little effort.

It is not necessary to root your EVO although you can readily customize the EVO using a wide variety of ROMs and skins if you are so inclined. The stock Sprint ROM that comes by default with the EVO is easy to use and offers the ability to customize your home screens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty