Question - running multiple apps

fdooks

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Good morning everyone,

Shame on me for not knowing this as I still play around with the phone. I previously had a Pre and was used to running multiple apps at one (have messaging, a game, the news, weather, etc). You would be able to swipe and switch between apps.

I tried to swipe on the Evo but as soon as you click back, it appears that that app gets closed. However when I go into the task killer, it does show the app being open or "ready to be killed."

I've had the phone since release date and I just found out how to customize the "home screens" yesterday. As I age, it's harder and harder to keep up on technology.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks - Frank

dmenglert

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried holding down the home button, that should bring up the last six apps you used, and when you bring them up they should pick up where you left off.

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried holding down the home button, that should bring up the last six apps you used, and when you bring them up they should pick up where you left off.

You beat me to it. But yes as long as you dont hit the back button. The app stays open. Then just do that this guy say.

fdooks

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Excellent; thank you both for the reply. I never knew about holding the home key. Very good info.

So I see 6 items on there now; messages, sound/display, setting, people, voice search and curling...can you have more than 6? Lastly, I used task killer to close out some apps, but the "curling game" is still showing. I would assume it just triggers that last few apps you used?

Thanks again for the response. I know it was prob a dumb question, but I didnt come across that reading the manual.