Got A Second Evo for $275!

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought I'd share that i bought my second Evo (for the wife) for $275 at Radioshack. She wasn't due for an upgrade until next June so they gave me a $75 partial upgrade, but I also got the $100 rebate. Is this normal?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice!
My dad's trying to get the phone too! He doesn't want to pay the full price.
And so does my sister.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully its the same in my nearby Radioshack.

Last edited:

akram

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought I'd share that i bought my second Evo (for the wife) for $275 at Radioshack. She wasn't due for an upgrade until next June so they gave me a $75 partial upgrade, but I also got the $100 rebate. Is this normal?

I don't think so, you will get a decline letter saying the discount been given on the time of purchase. It will shows on the invoice .FYI If you are S/P customer you will be eligable for FULL upgrade every 12 monthes but you have to call customer service to get it since 3rd party like bestbuy & radioshack can't approve it.

Good luck

Last edited:

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope, that store messed up badly in your favor. They just ate a 300 some dollar mistake and at end of the month result will destroy their profits.

Shacks simply do not do 1 years anymore.

Lucky you.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so, you will get a decline letter saying the discount been given on the time of purchase. It will shows on the invoice .FYI If you are S/P customer you will be eligable for FULL upgrade every 12 monthes but you have to call customer service to get it since 3rd party like bestbuy & radioshack can't approve it.

Good luck

I don't understand what you are trying to say. How can they deny the upgrade when the phone is already activated? Why would Sprint care how much I paid for the phone?

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was only entitled to 75 myself and I end up paying 200 flat after the rebate, 50 dollar giftcard, my 75 upgrade and selling my tour to radioshack . But if you had a giftcard then I can see the price being that before taxes but if that was the price after then that's damn good without the extra incentives . Also I called sprint and they told me my 75 upgrade will go to the full price of the phone plus instant rebate then I used my giftcard and credit from reselling my phone.

Last edited:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so, you will get a decline letter saying the discount been given on the time of purchase.

RS gives instant rebates so there will be nothing Sprint can decline. The OP lucked out because it usually doesn't work that way.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Even if your a premier customer, the primary line is only eligible for a full upgrade once a year ($150 or new cust. price) The Secondary line is only eligible for $75 Once a year, but they are still eligible for the $100 MIR.

I should know, I just went through this. I have the Unlimited 2-line plan.

the OP didn't luck out, he got exactly what he is owed.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the second line does not get the MIR...

So it's a matter of saving $250 vs. $75.
I hope I can luck out somewhere. If I get a second phone for $275... I'm surely getting it.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I received the MIR just a month ago when I got the wife a Hero awhile back, from the sprint store. Granted it took 9 weeks, but I received it. She was only eligible for the $75 Off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87