top 10% or so of screen becoming unresponsive.

guruffl

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife is having this same problem. She can't add a contact due to this and she can not click the "clear" button in the notification drop down. However the same top of the screen is responsive in other apps or on web pages. It doesn't appear to be software. i was considering a factory reset, and also Wiping cache and Dalvik and recovery. Any one experience this and have a known fix. I have read a ton of articles and forum threads and its still unclear on what is the fix... Obviously a factory reset is a PITA, especially when your wife will not be happy with setting everything back up again. Any help would be appreciated...

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This problem is like having your back against a brick wall, and you can't go in any other direction.

Apart from "Clearing Storage" you might want to start by uninstalling some apps that you think could have cause this problem. Make sure to uninstall any "Task Killer" if install. Problems like these sometimes goes away by themselves after doing a few restarts, or reboot.

I know how difficult and annoying it can be to start over from scratch. I had to do one or two times already... because of unknown issues. You never know - it might just start working again after a few days.

Best of luck.

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted and running a custom kernel?

Adding an overclocked kernel noticeably improves screen responsiveness on the Nook Color, so I'm wondering if you're having the opposite problem with a kernel interfering with your screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress