Compilation of RANDOM REBOOTING issue - advanced users, please read and help.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Evo Random Reboot?

So I'm Sitting here Quoting a customer over Email when my EVO just Randomly Reboots... :confused: Ideas? It was sitting fine no Programs running Screen off...

bpmurr

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been doing it since yesterday as well. I did a factory reset today and it's still doing it. Just not as often.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine did it one time yesterday. I thought it might be an update, but now that I think about it the reboot was a bit sudden without any notification.

So count me in for 1 time.

Lowen SoDium

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I got a random reboot last night. First time it has happened to me. I wasn't doing anything unusual. Web sufing, I think.

I have unrEVOked installed, but it hadn't been started since the last reboot. Nothing else is unusual about my phone.

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Evo Random Reboot?

I did a hard reset and its not doing it so far I think there's an app causing it, not sure which one

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My wifes was rebooting on itself all day yesterday every few hours. That and her keyboard wasn't working apparently even though it was just fine when I was looking at it. I ended up doing a Hard Reset on it and just asked her how things are going with it and she said it is working 100x better now. No reboots, keyboard functions flawlessly, and her battery life has gotten much better too.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am not an Android expert but am good with PC's. Things like this are usually bad services or programs running that cause it. Check everything you installed, especially things that run as background services. Just remove them one by one and see if it helps.

Get a task killer and get a listing of things running. Usually it is a cool utility or program you installed that does not get along properly with the system or other programs.

Last edited:

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
thats what ive figured it is, i installed most of the apps i had before, im running lookout just to be safe, not sure what was doing it.

PhilR8

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Has happened to me twice during the past two weeks: once when it was just sitting in my car dock, so no inconvenience, but the second time I was on the phone with my GF and then random reboot.

I've also had Sprint Navigation force close on me while driving in unfamiliar territory (annoying) and the camera has also had issues - sometimes it refuses to open.

skitzi

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me twice since the OTA hit. Has not happened since Rooting and flashing a rooted stock rom.

The twist. My wife has a Hero that has also rebooted twice on her since the OTA for the Hero hit the same day as the Evo fixing the same security hole.

terr#WN

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen to me several times as well. Has anyone contacted support at all just to see what random thing they have to say?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine has done it as well BTW but only 2 or 3 times so far, nothing to get on my nerves just yet. :)

It boots fairly fast so I hardly missed a step in what I was dong. i:)i

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch