Evo Freezing

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Searched and didn't come up with any concrete answers. Had my EVO running so stable, that I would tell friends it is the best phone I ever owned and everything simply works without a hiccup. Well, until last night....I tried to snap a picture and my phone froze, wouldn't save the picture. Since then my phone is freezing, rebooting, acting very unstable. I pulled the battery numerous times to no avail and reseated the SD card. Aside from doing a factory reset, anything else I should try? Thanks.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem. My phone was very stable and then all of sudden it locked up. I think I was just unlocking the screen when it happened. After doing everything, like you, I had to do the factory reset. I had no other choice. Doing the factory reset was easier then I thought it would be. Everything on the SD card is saved. Factory reset doesn't change that. All you have to do is reload your apps and games and redo your home screen again. The marketplace remembers apps you have purchased. It doesn't remember the freebies though.

Good luck, but don't be afraid to do a factory reset. By the way mine is working better than ever now since I did the Reset. Yesterday my phone on one charge went 14 hours, with 30 percent left, with heavy use.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine froze up on me.... I turned the data roaming to "OFF" as a suggestion for saving battery life... Just wanted to test it out... Well any time I would slide outside of Sprints Data coverage it would create an error message and the phone would freeze up.. You could turn the screen on and off but once you "Slide to unlock" the phone wouldn't let you do a damn thing.. Just froze up.... Finally when I came back inside Sprints data coverage the error went away and the phone worked with out a problem... I then turned the Data roaming back on and have not had a problem since... I didn't even make it through one day with the roaming data turned to off....

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding off on resetting mine for now. I think I may have had my frequencies set too low with overclock widget. I changed them and I also installed vignette camera app because it was acting up on me. So far so good, I'll see what happens throughout the day.

RamminIt

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same thing happen to me. It ended up being Google Goggles was running in the background while I was in the camera app trying to take a picture. Things like this typically happen when a app is running in the background that conflicts with an app you are trying to open.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same thing happen to me. It ended up being Google Goggles was running in the background while I was in the camera app trying to take a picture. Things like this typically happen when a app is running in the background that conflicts with an app you are trying to open.

You may be on to something. Mine has frozen up twice (luckily, pulling the battery worked to reset both times). In each case I was at a party and had taken a photo. It wasn't until your post that I remembered I had, in both instances, been showing off the scanning ability (using the Shopper app) right before the photo taking attempt. Guess I may have to get a task killer after all.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been freezing and restarting itself just about every time i switch scene's from any other theme to my normal daily theme with a live wallpaper. Not sure if anyone has this problem. But its done it about 75% of the times I've switched to that specific scene. That's the only freezing i've had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch