EVO Shutting Off!

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My phone has shut down by itself three times this morning for no reason. Twice while downloading an update to some apps, and just now while scrolling through the settings. This has not been an issue for me until today. Anyone else having this problem lately?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My evo restarts almost every time I change scenes back to a live wallpaper scene. Every time now. Other than that it has never shut down from an application freezing or anything in the market.

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine shut down / re-started 2 times last night, both while the phone wasn't even in use. The only reason I know is because the annoying Sprint/4G "song" was played each time (so I picked up the phone to see what the deal was).

It had never done that before last night.

dutchman71

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's something you installed on the phone... I had the same issue, I was ready to swap mine out. Then I did a hard reset and the phone has been fine for over a week now...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's something you installed on the phone... I had the same issue, I was ready to swap mine out. Then I did a hard reset and the phone has been fine for over a week now...

This.

It's a computer people. Load it up with crappy software, and it's going to crash. Do a reset, and run it bone stock for a while and see what happens. If you still have a problem, it's the phone. Most likely, though, it'll work fine. Then you can install your apps one at a time until you figure out what's causing the problem. Mine, for the record, has never done this.

Last edited:

koxler

May 15, 2010
Visit site
There is another thread about this. I just posted something on it about my problems.
Meanwhile there seem to be two things that people have tried. First was turning back on the Auto On Data setting. Second which I found yesterday after installing MixZing (free) was to un-install that program and mine stopped the random reboot.

Hope this helps.

Kenny

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
There is another thread about this. I just posted something on it about my problems.
Meanwhile there seem to be two things that people have tried. First was turning back on the Auto On Data setting. Second which I found yesterday after installing MixZing (free) was to un-install that program and mine stopped the random reboot.

Hope this helps.

Kenny

I can say this is true about the Data. Please be careful about turning off the always on data. I have tried it on 3 different phones and all 3 have rebooted randomly (not a full reboot mind you). As soon as I turned them all back on, the reboots have stopped. Try that first before returning the phone.

jaytank

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I tried to turning off my "Data Roaming" and "Always on mobile data" about an hr back and my phone restarted itself 10 mins back. (I did it to save battery according to report) I have no crappy apps and yes I do get about 8-10 hrs on moderate usage - still wanted to get the max outta it ;). But looks like turning these two options off will force the phone to restart so I have turned these two on I will see if the phone restarts (I doubt though)

Hope this Helps

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I turned on the data, and thus far I have had no restarts. So far so good. As always, thanks to all of you for the suggestions.