Official 6/28 Update Thread - Discuss Here

Chopper Joe

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
No brick this time

I was among those who ended up with a brick following the last update. Fortunately, Sprint replaced my EVO (store had two on hand, both went to update victims).

I was very nervous (EVO is my only phone) but update went fine.

I don't know yet if there's any noticeable changes (had no issues before update) but relieved that phone is working.

Whew ...

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
so, when installing, a white triangle with yellow exclmation point and little green man below it is normal?

It's been almost 10 minutes and no movement or change!

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
so, when installing, a white triangle with yellow exclmation point and little green man below it is normal?

It's been almost 10 minutes and no movement or change!

I don't think so.

I believe you should only see a little phone with arrows circling it and a status bar running below it.

My phone got the first update with no issues and I updated my wife's with the same result. Both less than 10 minutes from starting the download until restart.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok....updated when the update originally came out and was iffy
....since then battery life seems a tad better...but now its like my wifi shuts off after awhile of it being idle.... And my wifi sleep policy is set to never. Any one else experiencing symptoms like this?

Grev

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the update on 6/28 morning .. frankly, i dont notice no difference.. but what sucks was that i am unable to turn off sense UI after the update..

josh3212

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Update causing serious malfunctions

I updated yesterday morning and my phone is pretty much acting possessed now. It registers screen touches when my hand is not on the screen. It types the letter 'q' into my text messages randomly and repeatedly. It keeps trying to add the coin flip widget to my home screen, (which is just the first widget and it keeps on advancing through screen by thinking I'm hitting the top-most selection). The four bottom buttons often don't work until I lock and unlock the screen by hitting the power button. It launches the desktop clock randomly. When hitting the menu key the menus pop up then slide down before I can actually hit anything.

Took it to sprint, they worked on it for 90 mins and said it was mostly fixed other than the clock launching. Soon as I left the store I noticed all the problems were still there, then they told me to exchange it at RS (which of course there are none in stock at anywhere in my area).

Anyone else seen this problem or have any suggestions? Already factory restored several times, no help. Thanks!

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It registers screen touches when my hand is not on the screen.

I'm glad it's not just me! I guess with their fix for the upper part of the screen (which I didn't have a problem with) they've made the screen too sensitive. If my finger gets close to the screen it acts as if I've tapped it. Just too sensitive if you ask me.

barleydude

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
With the result of the 6/28 update and still some issues being reported from the 6/29 update, I actually turned off the Scheduled check option for HTC Software updates. I'm fine wit how my Evo works right now. So I'm certain the only update I plan on doing is the Android 2.2 Froyo update, whenever that may be :)

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have a router and/or phone problem.

No offense but its people like you who think the smallest things mean bad phones/electronic devices, this phone has been solid since launch and with all the issues people are having with replacements like any other device (had this happen with the Pre and replacements are always refurb. and have some kind of issues) I would never replace it unless Wifi didn't work at all ..

Router is solid as well and has been for 2yrs, i suspect the Wifi wasn't really fixed correctly on the update or it means we all were given faulty Wifi meters, doesn't mean it doesn't work as i still get the same speeds, (also its been noted in Engadget's test it doesn't do such a great job in picking up wifi signals from decent distances as i found out last night) -

Battery is really the only thing i noticed that changed from the update, seems more stable and stays on 100 after charge for much longer - Phone is def not the culprit ...the update didn't do all that it claimed - My Evo has been great, so instead of jumping on the I need a new device ship like most do because of the most insignificant reason look at the source maybe the OTA was rushed and didnt do as it claimed

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't know whether your router is the problem or not. I do know the fact that it's been "solid" for the last 2 years doesn't mean it's working right today, or tomorrow. If a component starts to go south it has to start some time. I've had to replace two routers because they started to fail.