Goodbye Pre, Hello EVO

gump666

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
just wanted to say hello to everyone out there. i had my Pre since launch and now have the EVO. and let me say this "I DO NOT MISS MY PRE"

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard, I also have Pre about 4 months ago but then jumped to HTC Hero.
Congrats and Welcome.

Enjoy The Freedom.

GenericMusings

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Project Jump Ship National Headquarters. ;)

I also have a June 6 2009 Pre. While I do miss a few functions of WebOS, I don't miss the Pre at all.

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! It would sure be interesting to see the stats on the number of Pre owners who have jumped ship in the last 30 days. I bet it is a staggering number. I am one, and don't regret it at all.

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Another former Pre owner...

Count me in as another former Pre owner who jumped on the Evo bandwagon yesterday. Actually, I was pretty happy with my Pre. But it died on me this past weekend after an unfortunate encounter with water, so it was either shell out $100 for a refurb one through Asurion, or pay extra to get the Evo. After a few days of debating, I decided to go Evo. While I do miss aspects of webOS, the hardware of the Evo destroys the Pre. Love love love the screen!

christo1970

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I too got frustrated with my Palm Pre. I took my Leatherman and a bunch of pent up energy and went to town on my 3am standing in line launch day Pre. First, I stabbed and stabbed the screen. Then I twisted and pulled with all I could muster.

I had a Visor, and several Treos, but had such high hopes for Palm this time..... got my wife and daughter the Pre/Pixi..... I couldn't take it anymore! Finally, after a week in mourning and with no phone, i went to BB to get the Hero, but they happened to have EVO there thank the guardian angels.....

Picture attached :)

Tell Dieter I held out as long as possible..... 10 years on visor/pre central now I'm a Robot Fan Boy :) Go Google!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! It would sure be interesting to see the stats on the number of Pre owners who have jumped ship in the last 30 days. I bet it is a staggering number. I am one, and don't regret it at all.

I think the numbers in the last 30 days will be minimal in comparison to the numbers in the next 30 days after HPalm announces great new hardware on July 12th for VZW and AT&T and leaves Sprint webOS lovers out in the cold. (Obviously, just my humble opinion)...

GenericMusings

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I too got frustrated with my Palm Pre. I took my Leatherman and a bunch of pent up energy and went to town on my 3am standing in line launch day Pre. First, I stabbed and stabbed the screen. Then I twisted and pulled with all I could muster...

That was a bit extreme given you paid ~200 for it at launch. Perhaps a few anger management sessions would be in order? :eek: **ducks** :p

I figured I'd keep my Pre for use as a backup on the off chance I need to get a replacement for my EVO and was required to wait for any length of time.

Hmm.. Looks like I have the same version of Leatherman

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I use my Pre as backup.

The only bad thing about it is the hardware and lack of apps.
Otherwise, the UI was brilliant.

mmcnamara43

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i too had the Pre and switched to the EVO 4G dont miss my Pre at all. i also sold mine w/ a crack in the screen (small 1 ) and a touchstone for 120.00.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
mine sold with 3 cracks, by usb door, lower right, and upper right. fortunately he didn't notice. plus the usb door was loose and always fell off if I wasn't watching it.

christo1970

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
lol, yeah i should have sold it first. But it was nice to release all that pent up agression on the thing. It was a good Office Space moment, and my wife/daughter will get the touchstones....

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the Pre for about a week. I actually liked it but the hardware issues became intolerable. If the hardware was more like my evo, I would have definitely kept it. But I am happy that I have an EVO now. I have never been this content with any smartphone I have ever owned.