Never gonna get an Evo :(

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Call sprint account services, ask them to order you one, they will. If they say they can't, hang up and call back or ask for retentions. I promise they will get you your evo

slschmidt76

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ugh!
I have tried everything and everywhere and can't get one!
Got on a waiting list at one sprint store...but they can't tell me WHERE on the list I am??
Have called every other sprint store near me...some say they are don't have them and aren't allowed to do waiting lists.
One store told me they have them...but you can only get one if you are on their waiting list which is >200 people.
None of the Best Buys have them here.
While at the mall yesterday I stopped by the sprint kiosk. The girl told me they would be getting some between 1 and 2:00 today. She said they didn't have a waiting list, but took my # and said she would call me as soon as they arrive.
So, today at 1:00 sharp as I was picking my daughter up from camp I called them. They said they were waiting for them to arrive. I headed straight there (arriving about 1:15). When I got there they said they were SOLD OUT! The thing that really ticked me off is that one of the guys that got one said the reason he did was because he was on the WAITING LIST! WTH???
Why would the girl tell me there is no waiting list...and there IS???? And, to add fuel to the fire....the same girl was there and said she didn't remember me or remember telling me that...are you KIDDING??? It was just yesterday!
It's not so much that I am mad I didn't get one (although I am not happy about it)....it's that she had me shlep up there (with a cranky 3 year old) for NO REASON :mad:.
Every store and place are doing things differently and it's completely frustrating. Meanwhile my BB Curve is driving me nuts.
I am tempted to just go get an iphone.....but that's really not what I want.
Sorry to rant....just FRUSTRATED :(

You can purchase the white evo on bestbuy.com. Just checked and they are in stock.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Where do you live that you can't get one? I live right outside of Nashville, TN and just today the Walmart I was in had 3 on the shelf. My wife had to trade in her blackberry last week so we were at the local Sprint store... Sat and watched 4 or 5 people come in ask if they had an EVO in stock and all of them walked out with one... Behind the counter was their lock and key storage area and while sitting there it APPEARED they had a good 20 of them behind the counter in the cabinet.

My local Best Buy told me they had a couple in stock when I asked on Tuesday when I was picking up a DVD...

All these "HORROR" stories of not being able to get one is crazy..... They are not going for much on EBAY and checking craigslist for the hell of it comes up with zero nothing other than an ad from a local sprint store for $299 minus a $100 rebate..... I would THINK if they were THAT HARD to find you would see them on Ebay for 2x - 4x retail price but the highest I see is $410 which is less than full retail.......

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can purchase the white evo on bestbuy.com. Just checked and they are in stock.

The white EVO is fugly.... It just does not look right at all.... They had a Demo out at the Best Buy store where I live... WOW.... it looks just like my EVO from the front and then you turn it over and it's like your looking at a totally different phone... the two halves don't match up right at all..... I guess if your a case kind of guy/girl then it wouldn't matter... I don't use a case so it would just looked f'd up for me....

Some of you guys might have different personal taste but again I think it's FUGLY AS $HIT!!!!!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I called at least 35 stores and got on all the waiting lists I could. I kept checking Sprint.com and once for about 70 minutes they had EVO's. That's how I got it.

iamfuze

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same situation. So eager to get my hands on an Evo, but with no luck. None of the Sprint or RadioShack stores have any in stock. What surprised me was the fact that none of the Best Buy stores here sell any Sprint phones, at least that's what they told me. Is that even possible? Either way, I ordered my Evo through Wirefly.com and I'm hoping it'll ship sooner than 2-3 weeks.

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I GOT MY EVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After spending half the day on the phone with sprint stores, radio shacks, best buys, and repeatedly checking sprint.com, I decided to give up and just wait a few weeks.
Then, tonight I got a call from the girl at the sprint kiosk. She apologized big time (see original post)...was really super sweet. She said it turned out they had one evo left and before she called anyone else she wanted to call me because she felt bad about what happened.
So, I went right up there and got my new evo :D
NOW......I will be on these forums trying to learn how to use this thing!
Wow...what a change from my BB Curve!
I am freakin a little bit...but I will get it all figured out.
Woohoo :cool:

Kaskimondo

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
After spending half the day on the phone with sprint stores, radio shacks, best buys, and repeatedly checking sprint.com, I decided to give up and just wait a few weeks.
Then, tonight I got a call from the girl at the sprint kiosk. She apologized big time (see original post)...was really super sweet. She said it turned out they had one evo left and before she called anyone else she wanted to call me because she felt bad about what happened.

Congrats! :cool:

kbritt#WP

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

welcome to the fam:D

psychotikcow

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was lucky walked into best buy to ask a question and they had evo's in plus selling white ones on wed if I wanted to wait but meh I like the black better.walked into sprint three dates before and they had four.guess I was just lucky.fyi swype is amazing.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Where do you live that you can't get one? I live right outside of Nashville, TN and just today the Walmart I was in had 3 on the shelf. My wife had to trade in her blackberry last week so we were at the local Sprint store... Sat and watched 4 or 5 people come in ask if they had an EVO in stock and all of them walked out with one... Behind the counter was their lock and key storage area and while sitting there it APPEARED they had a good 20 of them behind the counter in the cabinet.

My local Best Buy told me they had a couple in stock when I asked on Tuesday when I was picking up a DVD...

And how long do you think it would take for Walmart to sell-though only 3 of them? How long for Best Buy to sell "a couple"? Sounds like they had a fair number at Sprint, but even 20 could be easily sold in half a day. So just because you have been at the right place at the right time, doesn't mean that other people have the same experience. Especially when even by your own reports, you are just seeing a few on the shelves.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Look the best thing to do is just pre order from radioshack. It might be a week wait but that's what you.have to do. No store even if its in stock would just sell it to you because of ether a waiting list or a pre order list.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
And how long do you think it would take for Walmart to sell-though only 3 of them? How long for Best Buy to sell "a couple"? Sounds like they had a fair number at Sprint, but even 20 could be easily sold in half a day. So just because you have been at the right place at the right time, doesn't mean that other people have the same experience. Especially when even by your own reports, you are just seeing a few on the shelves.

WOW, why don't you just go on the offensive? I just asked where people lived that were having problems finding them...... Ever since the EVO came out on June 4th I ask when I am in a Best Buy or look when I am in a Wal-Mart. Not had a problem finding or seeing them in my area..... I just left the same Walmart that had 3 the other night and they STILL have 3 just a few days later... Is it the same 3 or did they get more? I don't know but they are there two visits in a row. At the Sprint store they opened up a double door cabinet (Only the door on the right) and he took from a stack of what looks like 20+ their may have been more on the other side I don't know.. I didn't ask... The guy who was helping my wife said they were selling about 10 a day at the time so they have to either have a ton or just get regular shipments. and best buy wouldn't tell me a number... They just said a couple which could mean any thing or number....

I was trying to help by asking where the guy lived... I live in TN so if he lives in NY or CA or FL I can't be of much help.... If he lived near by I could suggest a place to go, that I had just left... I wasn't and didn't call any one out as a liar or a troll or any thing, Just asked a pretty simple question....