Top EVO care request @ Sprint

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Take a stab at the number one reason for people calling into Sprint customer care regarding the EVO.......did you guess?

Where to put the stylus....that's right....where to put the stylus. I have heard that people are ripping off the kickstand, using it as the styus and then can't figure out where to put it once finished....can you believe that?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a source for this?

But it reminds me of one of my favorite help desk complaints:

A guy calls into the support number for his relatively new computer, and complains that the cupholder is broken.

"Cupholder?" asks the tech support guy? "What cupholder?"

After numerous attempts to figure out what the customer is talking about, the support guy hears: "You know, the cupholder that slides out when you push the little button on the front of it."

That's right, it was one of the first computers with a CD-ROM drive, which the owner assumed was a cupholder.....

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm ... do you realize the force it would take to rip off a kickstand? No really ... try it real quick J/K DON'T RIP OFF YOUR KICKSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realistically, i don't believe this for a second. Not calling you a liar, just saying your source may be misinformed.

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
100% legit. You could easily snap the kickstand backwards (think old plastic model car kits except with a little better build quality).

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If you say so ;)

I'm going to assume you know from ripping off your kickstand personally?

No, that would only prove that I knew how to call into care....seriously, I talked to some folks that I trust specifically about this situation and they confirmed it.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No, that would only prove that I knew how to call into care....seriously, I talked to some folks that I trust specifically about this situation and they confirmed it.

hmmmm, my source, who's a retentions manager at Sprint (he's actually at work now just called him) said he's never heard of anyone calling in with that issue. He said by far and away the most calls that come in to support are 1) where can i find an EVO 2) My 4G isn't working (he said they are in that order too)

Also he mentioned a quick call to Sprint support and ask the rep to search KCS (knowledge centered support, sprints knowledge base) would turn up the same results ...

Conflicting info i guess .... ::shrugs::

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to try ripping mine off, but it appears to be mounted solidly enough that I have a hard time believing people would think it's supposed to come out.

I think your friends may be having a bit of a joke, but I can't prove that either.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Lol it might be hard BUT try to keep an open mind. The OP is not saying this is his/her info, they saying someone is feeding them the info. That means we don't disagree with the OP (so everyone should keep a level head) but we disagree with their source.

Anytime you get an inside track on info, and its safe to share, I encourage it. Personally this sounds like a rumor straight off the WinMo forums but who knows ... what if he/she is right! Wouldn't that be crazy!

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
An excellent case of dumbassory (my word, if you use it, you owe me a quarter) if there was one.

Take a stab at the number one reason for people calling into Sprint customer care regarding the EVO.......did you guess?

Where to put the stylus....that's right....where to put the stylus. I have heard that people are ripping off the kickstand, using it as the styus and then can't figure out where to put it once finished....can you believe that?

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We know that this is bogus. Even with pliers, it would be like pulling a tooth to pull out the kick stand.

One of my favorite stories about the stupid things users do is like this one my company got. "It says to click the right mouse button. How do I know if I have the right mouse?"