Who says the Evo sucks at 3d games: Skies of Glory

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how old this game is but it looks like it is fairly new. It's a world war 2 flight sim action shooter which really looks great. When I first saw the video of the iPhone version I figured that this will probably suck on the EVO but it doesn't. I read the other reviews in the market and when I saw how many n1 and desire owners gave it 5 stars, I took the plunge. It looks great, plays silky smooth and the controls are great, super responsive. I am a picky person when it comes to controls and graphics, but playing this on my EVO makes me look for a hummingbird under the hood. Want to impress your iPhone friends, spend the 5 bones and try it out.

Gameloft, take notes, these guys know how to program!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
No one said 3d games don't work on the Evo... just the support for 3d game developers = low.

Raging Thunder II
Exzeus Arcade

Probably the two most graphic-intensive games that work nicely on the Evo.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No one said 3d games don't work on the Evo... just the support for 3d game developers = low.

Raging Thunder II
Exzeus Arcade

Probably the two most graphic-intensive games that work nicely on the Evo.

Well you and I are both had discussions about the lack of 3d power hardware, so I was just pleasantly surprised how good this game looks and runs.

tmaxey1

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
People love to rag on the EVO because it has a 30fps cap and it runs a low end graphic processor on the snapdragon. Every 3d game i have tried have all played very nicely. I think people fall in love with specs and benchmarks more than real life use.

Games developed in 3d to run on any mobile device are optimized to run at 30fps or less. These game developers keep them their to run smoothly. Especially android games. Developers are not going to make a game that will only be playable on the highest end of devices. It would be a waste of money for them since the user base would be so low.
Thanks for the heads up on this game.
I have never been a big fan of airplane games either. But this game seems to have a big community of users swearing by it. I am curious as to what all the fuss is about. For $5 i may give it a shot. Not sure yet.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
People love to rag on the EVO because it has a 30fps cap and it runs a low end graphic processor on the snapdragon. Every 3d game i have tried have all played very nicely. I think people fall in love with specs and benchmarks more than real life use.

Games developed in 3d to run on any mobile device are optimized to run at 30fps or less. These game developers keep them their to run smoothly. Especially android games. Developers are not going to make a game that will only be playable on the highest end of devices. It would be a waste of money for them since the user base would be so low.
Thanks for the heads up on this game.
I have never been a big fan of airplane games either. But this game seems to have a big community of users swearing by it. I am curious as to what all the fuss is about. For $5 i may give it a shot. Not sure yet.

You can always return it if you don't like it. From what I have tested, the only 3d games that run like crap are the Gameloft ones.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah most gameloft games can run slower than expected though. Nova rind fine now. Asphalt still doesn't, but I dint miss it much. Bad coding and porting, imo. I've found games that work though, so it's fine. Still envious of the galaxy s series because of those high end games it can run.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah most gameloft games can run slower than expected though. Nova rind fine now. Asphalt still doesn't, but I dint miss it much. Bad coding and porting, imo. I've found games that work though, so it's fine. Still envious of the galaxy s series because of those high end games it can run.

Me too. Then again, I played with a Vibrant yesterday and Sims 3 didn't look as pretty as I expected...

So did anyone try this game, or am I flying by myself?