HTC EVO Rooting questions

reggierox13

Banned
Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sry for all the noob questions but i wana be set once my evo comes in. I allready know im going to root my evo once i get it but i dont wana do the whole unrevoked thing. I want the fully rooted device and i want the full capabilities. I like hacking and ive done it on other softwares allready. But android is alot more complicated(or i forgot what its like to be a noob). But since im ordering the phone new chances are it will come with the newest updates on it. What method of rooting should i follow to root it? if you suggest a guide id appreciate it. thanks :D

CansFan

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Check the "Hacks/ROMs" thread above everything in the Evo forums...they have lots of threads and can probably answer your question better in that thread.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I believe unrevoked 3 does give you a fully rooted phone, with the stock ROM. But after that you can install any other ROMs you want. But much more info is in the Hacks forum.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Try the simple method. When it works it's good although it still takes some work. Not sure really if it's any easier than toasts method.

Unrevoked3 doesn't unlock NAND which "cripples" programs that want root access. It does let you flash ROMS though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez