Photo Issues

djhayes1977

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a question. Can someone explain: When I take a photo with my evo and save it to my gallery, the photo is crisp and clear. When I use the same photo I just took and try to save it to a contact there is no problem. The problem is when someone calls me and their profile pic comes up using the same photo that was saved to the gallery it is blurry and slightly distorted. Does anyone know why or how to fix it. Do I need to crop it and make it smaller or something??? Thanks

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the way it works is when saved to a contact the photo is downsized to a thumbnail then when that thumbnail is expanded during a call it looks distorted. I don't know of any way to fix this its just the way it is done.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You'll need to save the contact locally for it to not be compressed and ****ty looking. Search the forum because this has been brought up before.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As pwnst_r said, this is an issue with Google Contacts, not the phone. ALL phones demonstrate this issue with photos saved on Google Contacts (Even non-android ones, like the Pre).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38