What launcher do you use?

Bdashcates13

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I was messing around and got bored with the sense launcher so i downloaded launcher pro and getting used to that. I just wish there were more widgets on it and you could get some of the HTC widgets. Which Launcher do you use and what do you like/dislike about it?

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I use sense because I *really* like the HTC widgets.
I've used launcherpro and adw.launcher. I liked launcherpro more. Wish I had a reason...but I don't =P I'm not using either anymore because I'd always get force closes, because I couldn't load HTC's widgets and because running a different launcher makes me want to root my phone and run a mod instead =P

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use Sense with PowerStrip, which opens a "window" on top of whatever I'm doing...kindof like a drawer that has my more common used widgets and shortcuts in it...like if I open Maps but forgot to turn on my GPS, I just press "home" and it opens up the window and I can turn on my GPS without leaving Maps. Double-Tapping Home takes me back to my home screen.

It works well for me, while allowing me to keep my Sense widgets which I like.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't like Sense widgets EXCEPT the 4g/3g/wifi/airplane mode toggles.
However, I've found an alternative on C6.

So yeah, I'm running CyanogenMod 6 ROM.
It includes ADW Launcher because it is open source, so ... yeah.
It's very nice. Lots of customization, yet it is simple which is what I like.

I always hated the stock Sense clock. It looks so "I bought my phone and won't change this" kind of feature.
I use analog clocks found in the market for free.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried both Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher. Both of them crash and force close roughly 4-5 times per hour, so they aren't very useful. Plus I prefer several HTC widgets, over the options on the market.

I imagine those launchers are good for people who don't use their phone very much.
--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Been using launcher pro for a while now. (and unlike poster above, I haven't had any force closes with it in a few updates now).

I also use home switcher so I cna switch between launcherpro and senseUI whenever I feel like it.

Launcherpro: Love it because it supports landscape mode, which my phone is in most of the time. lacks some nice SenseUI widgets.

SenseUI: Doesn't support landscape(which pisses me off), but has some nice widgets.

If you upgrade to the paid version of launcherPro, senseUI type widgets are coming. He has added the bookmark widget, Believe calendar and "friendstream" or on the way.

Eitherway there are some nice replacments for most of the SenseUi widgets reguardless. Just have to look for them.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I use ADW with Gala S theme, and Beautiful Widgets. Which 3.0.1 is killer. Now has full weather animation like Sense widget. Plus they have a new weather provider and it works great.

curthibbs

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Launcher Pro. It has been extremely stable (no forced closes). The reason I switched was because on day the HTC Sense launcher went into an a reboot loop that prevented me from using my phone and forced me to do a hard reset (which cause me to lose a lot of customizations).

I didn't like that and decided to try out other launchers. I tried a few and settled on Launcher Pro.

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I use GDE. I have tried Launcher Pro & ADW, but keep going back to GDE. It offers several skins, as well as tweaks to the skins (I am using the Froyo skin with the glass dock icons). There are also 5 or 6 different animations to choose from to switch between your homescreen pages. Very cool. It is incredibly smooth on my X. I've not has a single FC. It was a bit dodgy on my Droid so I switched back to stock. There was an upgrade yesterday and the comments I read indicated others found that the Droid had been smoothed out, so I think I'll give it another go. I highly recommend you check out GDE. I really like Launcher Pro, but GDE offers similar options, plus some. (plus there are a couple free widgets that come with GDE. The app dock is great. It is a thin bar that runs across your homescreen, add as many apps and/or shortcuts as you like and you can scroll through them. Put all your news/music/video/whatever apps /shortcuts on one dock and you get a setup similar to what a folder would provide, but much better looking)

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using launcher pro. I feel it's clean and simple. Going from landscaper to portrait and back was something that really caught my attention. Also the dock on the bottom is great.