3D Gallery on Froyo EVO

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, one thing I was disappointed with in the release of Froyo on the EVO was the fact that the Android 3D gallery didn't make it. I installed the preview release of 2.2 last week and went out and found the gallery app at [APP] Cooliris 3D Gallery Froyo Port FULL 8MP Support - xda-developers. The first time I installed it, it seemed to work fine but then I couldn't use the camera. When I would hit the camera button in the gallery, it would just close the gallery. I uninstalled it and then tried to get my camera working again.

I hadn't seen the posts about the LED Light app causing problems so didn't remove that. I rebooted a few times which didn't help. Then I tried every program that used the camera and none of them worked until I tried Shop Savvy. It was the only one that didn't give me a camera error. After that, the camera worked again. WHEW!

I also had the other "3D Gallery" from the market and I uninstalled that as well.

Today, I reinstalled the 3D Gallery from the link above and all is well. The camera still works and even the camera button in the app opens the camera. In my case, it asks if I want to open the camera or Vignette. I don't know what was the real cause of it not working before. It may have been the other 3D Gallery app or just bad timing. I never did anything with LED Light. Still have it, still works.

Anyway, install at your own risk. If you do, when you first open it, you have to be really patient while it digs up all your photos if you have a lot of them. As you open folders it will probably keep loading them. Once it's found everything it's fine. And Pinch Peek works great!

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I used the 3d gallery on 2.1 but am now back to stock. Wasn't find of it so I'm not missing it. Would rather gave the DroidX panorama app and Blockbuster until Netflix is released.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just a reminder. The 3D Gallery app in the market by Flikie is not the same as the one that is part of the non-HTC Android 2.2. It does not have the Pinch Peek feature and requires that you install their wallpaper app. It is a knock off of the one designed by Cooliris used by Android. Even their icon looks the same. I don't know if it's an official knock off or a regular knock off. I didn't have any problem with it when I installed it but I removed it to install the Android one.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
How do I install the app from that link ?

You can copy the file to your SD card using your computer and then use a file manager like Astro to navigate to it on the phone. When you open it, it will ask what you want to do with it.

Or you can navigate to the page with your phone and click on the link in the browser.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Probably the same, you'd have to install it and compare.

The version from the link I posted is 1.1.30682-desire. It was ported from the HTC Desire.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch