screen shot not rooted???

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
^What he said.

I would like to see an app that allows this without rooting since I no longer have root.

WHAT?!?!? :confused:

Why would you get rid of root?!

And as Stated before... Just join the Darkside...

More Positives then Negatives Concerning Root

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What's pathetic about Android is how it is the ONLY OS for mobile devices or computers that can't take a simple screenshots.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What's pathetic about Android is how it is the ONLY OS for mobile devices or computers that can't take a simple screenshots.

Seems every platform has at least one seemingly simple feature/capability that is mysteriously omitted.

Guess that's just the way it is.

roothog

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems every platform has at least one seemingly simple feature/capability that is mysteriously omitted.

Guess that's just the way it is.

My understanding is that it's done for security reasons, so that a rogue app can't take screenshots as you're, say, entering a password on your banking site, and then send those screenshots to the attacker.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
.........OR Miss SYM + Orange Button + P on the Pre :D

Yeah I do miss that.
But I'm rooted and I have ShootMe... so oh well.

They should have an easy way to take a screenshot... like press hold power button down and select screenshot instead of power down, lol.

bender1077

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
+1 DDMS

It is really easy as long as you have a little know how.

Install latest JAVA SE DEV KIT:

</title> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="/ocom/groups/systemobject/@mktg_admin/documents/webcontent/oraclelib.js"> </script> <style type="text/css"> HTML,BODY,TD,H1,H2,H3,H4,OL,UL,DL,LI,DT,DD {font-family:arial,helvetica,san

Download - JDK 6 UPDATE 20 WITH JAVA EE

Be sure to add the BIN dir from the SDK folder in your PATH. (search if you do not know what this is)

Download ANDROID SDK:
Android SDK | Android Developers

Search how to completely install and update.

Then its just a matter of having your EVO connected to your computer via USB with DEBUGGING mode on and clicking DDMS in the ANDROID SDK - TOOLS folder.

EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY!

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
It is really easy as long as you have a little know how.

Install latest JAVA SE DEV KIT:

</title> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="/ocom/groups/systemobject/@mktg_admin/documents/webcontent/oraclelib.js"> </script> <style type="text/css"> HTML,BODY,TD,H1,H2,H3,H4,OL,UL,DL,LI,DT,DD {font-family:arial,helvetica,san

Download - JDK 6 UPDATE 20 WITH JAVA EE

Be sure to add the BIN dir from the SDK folder in your PATH. (search if you do not know what this is)

Download ANDROID SDK:
Android SDK | Android Developers

Search how to completely install and update.

Then its just a matter of having your EVO connected to your computer via USB with DEBUGGING mode on and clicking DDMS in the ANDROID SDK - TOOLS folder.

EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY!

+1 to this...I used it all the time before I rooted my Incredible

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You're right. It is sending my screen shot photos to SD/ShootMe and not to the gallery. Just had to find them.
Awesome.

You can unmount the SD card and then remount it in the SD card settings. Your pics should show up in the gallery.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk