hows your camera doing?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I'd ask, how's your camera lens and silver ring? is it still scratch free? I have one tiny mark that I think was there when I got it. I am still careful on where I set it so mine is great.

guerillatwang

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Starting to get scuffed a bit, it's driving me crazy. I've had mine since June 4th and haven't dropped it yet, no case, no screen protector and i'm also very careful when setting it down/what surfaces I place it on.. I take very good care of my phones.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
While I did remove the screen protector I initially got on the front glass, I did cut a circular section of a screen protector and put it over the lens glass the day I got the phone. It's still there, and shows some scuffs, but otherwise the camera, lens, and metal ring are in good shape. Certainly no issues to speak of.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine has a tiny scratch on the lens and I've only had it a month. I'm OCD about it. That's the one thing I don't like is every time I set my phone down it's basically resting on the lens.

I really don't like cases though. azkevman, what material is that case you posted made of? The gel or silicone ones don't work for me because it makes it tough to pocket the phone.

FractalSphere that's a really good idea as well.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
No marks, but I have the Best Buy Platinum case so the camera doesn't stick out and I tend to be very gentle with electronics.

oso

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a big systems guy but is their any way to hack the soft ware and make the the volume keys work as a camera switch? taping the screen just makes it that much harder to take pictures?

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Spotless. I always have my Evo in a case and the lens doesn't protrude beyond the case on either of the three cases I use.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah.... my lens somehow cracked 4 days after i got the phone. had a gel case on it that sticks out farther than the lens. not sure how it cracked but oddly enough you cant even tell when you take videos or pictures and the crack is straight through the center