Camera Locking Up When Switching to Video

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just tried loading up my camera and taking a video, but when I switched to video mode, the phone went to a black screen and just sat there. I had to force close the camera to get it to close. Has anyone had a similar issue? I have had Froyo since day 1, but hadn't tried to record a video until this weekend.

sum_n00b

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. Except when I press record, the camera/video camera freezes and the phone becomes unusable because of lag till I take the battery out and reboot it. I've tried factory resets and they did nothing for the problem. Videos also play back extremely laggy and jumpy. I posted this in the Evo Froyo problems forum but no one responded.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
mine just started doing this a few days ago as well, whats the point of hd recording if you cant record, and sprint wont even look at it because the camera lens broke three days after i got the phone so they are saying thats causing the problems and want me to pay a deductible for physical damage!!!

flyr29

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Had this problem. I had to delete all my videos and that fixed the problem. Guess one was corrupt or something. Only had two videos though so no biggie for me.