ironic update timing for evo?

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted and was gonna ask what the best Rom is that comes with the fps cap lift.. and then they announced they might lift it with the next update.. what do you thi.k the odds of them lifting it is ( also why did the cap it at 30 in the first place).. and if its not true and they don't lift it.. what's the best Rom to remove it haha

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Also.. I did root with unrevoked I dk if that matters but I k.ow its not a very deep root.. would downloading this update remove root?

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android and the idea of rooting, I just have a couple of questions. I'm pretty happy with the stock UI, I'd be interested in rooting mainly to uncap the fps and deleting some bloatware apps. What's the best way to do that without jacking my phone all to hell? I just got my evo this past Friday and really don't want to mess it up or lose my info. If you can put up a link or something I'd appreciate it.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android and the idea of rooting, I just have a couple of questions. I'm pretty happy with the stock UI, I'd be interested in rooting mainly to uncap the fps and deleting some bloatware apps. What's the best way to do that without jacking my phone all to hell? I just got my evo this past Friday and really don't want to mess it up or lose my info. If you can put up a link or something I'd appreciate it.

I rooted with Unrevoke3 do a search it should be posted in the hack section it was easy and pretty painless for the most part.

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted and was gonna ask what the best Rom is that comes with the fps cap lift.. and then they announced they might lift it with the next update.. what do you thi.k the odds of them lifting it is ( also why did the cap it at 30 in the first place).. and if its not true and they don't lift it.. what's the best Rom to remove it haha

I was actually about to root today for the same reason. I may wait for the update then root so I can get rid of some of the stock apps.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

Unrevoked forever (if you want to keep root thru update) or just update and use unrevoked3 (easiest root) then get sdx app removal. Super easy and efficient. You can backup your apps and remove them from the system

salr88

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If your looking for a good Tom check out the desire to evolution rom. Its still buggy but the new sense is awesome. Made me feel like I had a new phone, its what the evolution should have felt like from the beginning. Nothing else compares.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=790
838 also I read in xda that the new update has a new h boot, I don't know how exactly that effects root but it does.

Last edited:

Drazzel

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Fresh EVO 3.3.0.1. It uses the same kernel from the update so it removes the FPS cap and also has provided some significantly improved battery life on standby. Check it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21