can the iphone 4 do more with their map app?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I love my evo and I was showing my friend the features and he has an iPhone 4 and showed me his map feature that instantly zoomed in to a street view and he could panoramicly move the map around showing locaion. Can our evo do the same ?

dark_dj27

May 29, 2010
Visit site
All phones with google maps can do that even my gfs samsung exclaim. Just press and hold on a spot on the map a small pop up will come up select it then select the person looking icon on the right. You can also move around in street view by moving the icon on the bottom right to the location you want.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Try also the Compass mode (in Menu while in SV app). Hold the phone in front of you and rotate your body left and right. It simulates a window into a virtual reality world.

I don't know if the iPhone app has this feature so possibly you can brag to your iPhone friend.

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
And don't forget about Google Maps Navigation! Seriously beats the pants off Sprint Navigation and I'm pretty sure the iPhone doesn't (and probably won't ever) have that.

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
the iphone version of google maps doesnt have the navigation or some of the other google labs stuff I dont think.