No Camcorder Zooom for Evo H/W version 2 ?

EvoPimp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a launch day Evo H/W version 2 that does not have the zoom feature for the camcorder. I noticed this on day one, but figured, oh well, thats how HTC designed the Evo. Well this past weekend, I took a look at two of my friends Evo's which are both H/W version 3, and guess what???? They have a zoom feature for their camcorders. Is this just an anomaly with my phone, or did HTC not included this on the earlier H/W versions?

I would love to hear feedback from others.

Thanks!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a launch day Evo H/W version 2 that does not have the zoom feature for the camcorder. I noticed this on day one, but figured, oh well, thats how HTC designed the Evo. Well this past weekend, I took a look at two of my friends Evo's which are both H/W version 3, and guess what???? They have a zoom feature for their camcorders. Is this just an anomaly with my phone, or did HTC not included this on the earlier H/W versions?

I would love to hear feedback from others.

Thanks!

It wouldn't be hardware related as all EVOs get the same OTA update and the zoom is in the software (htccamera.apk). I have a version 002 phone and zoom works fine here.

The only suggestion I would have is maybe running the RUU?

Just to be clear also, while in camcorder, have you tried pinching the screen which should bring up a zoom bar?

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I used the zoom on mine yesterday for the first time, but it did zoom on video. I have a launch-day ver. 3.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have HW version 2 and can zoom.
However, here's the catch 22. If you're recording in 720p... then you can't zoom. Step it down one notch in quality and then you can zoom ;)

That's interesting. The good thing is that's 100% software.. which means the great minds of the rom developers can definitely work around that.. now off to email Vaelek... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress